2021 C-USA + NCAA Baseball Tournaments

A pair of one seeds out of CUSA East would be acceptable! :wink:

1 Like

The 20 host site finalist heading in to the tournaments.

1 Like

clt says one of these teams looks wildly out of place

Finally get to watch. ESPN+

Yeah, Pitt just got swept at Wake Forest. They may not make the tourney. BA had them as the 3 seed and ODU as the 1 seed at Pitt

MTSU has a lefty reliever Zoz that was 1st team all conference, and their #1 starter RHP Aaron Brown was 2nd team. We could see both tomorrow depending on how the game goes.

Disagreement on the use of the shift with two outs last time he pitched. Was pulled from game and has sat since.

I think McCabe deserved to make the all freshman team.

2 Likes

He played in less than half of the C-USA games, so I can see why he didn’t, but he finished 4th in HRs in the league still!!!

2 Likes

We’ve only had 5 Conference Players of the Year in our program history.

1995 Tim Collie- Metro Player of the Year
1998 James Matan- Conference USA Player of the Year
2008 Chris Taylor- Atlantic 10 Co-Player of the Year
2013 Justin Seager- Atlantic 10 Co-Player of the Year
2021 Austin Knight- Conference USA Player of the Year

and
2007 Adam Mills- Atlantic 10 Pitcher of the Year
2011 Andrew Smith- Atlantic 10 Pitcher of the Year

As far as Coach of the Year, we’ve won it 3 times prior:

1994 Metro Conference Coach of the Year- Loren Hibbs
1998 Conference USA Coach of the Year- Loren Hibbs
2007 Atlantic 10 Coach of the Year- Loren Hibbs
2021 Conference USA Coach of the Year- Robert Woodard

Just another great accomplishment for this team. More to come!!

1 Like

Weather is already affecting the Tourney. Game 1 has been pushed back an hour at least due to rain. Here we go…

Facing a great pitcher is what I fear most for this team. When they do, they need to practice fouling off pitches so that they can wear his arm out. I am pretty confident that if they find a pitcher they cannot hit well, that they likely could hit the next man in, given how well the Niners swing their bats

Any team can be stopped by great pitching. Hell, the 1927 Yankees were shut out once that season.
(Lefty Grove)

1 Like

Pushed back to a 3:30 ET 1st pitch

1 Like

I’ve heard that this park is a hitter’s park. Can’t really tell so far watching game 1. Lots of balls hit to the warning track or off the wall that I thought were HRs so far in FAU-ODU game.

ODU wins 11-2 over FAU. They are the hottest team in the league right now.

If we win we face ODU tomorrow.

We are going with Giesting today.

When the shift works, you look like a genius…when it doesn’t, its very annoying.

Arrrrrggg, the 2nd coulda been worse though

I think we have counted our chickens before they hatched…Geisting starting today, as if we didn’t even need one of our better starters…hmmm

1 Like