2021 College Hoops Coaching Carousel

Younger Pitino not unemployed for long:

Seeing LA Tech HC Eric Konkol listed as potential candidate for the George Mason opening. Served as an assistant in Fairfax for seven seasons under Jim Larrañaga (and then at Miami-FL) before landing in Ruston.

Quoting the Utah AD:

https://mobile.twitter.com/jeffborzello/status/1371969229491167234

Was reading about new Indiana State HC Josh Schertz, who spent the past 13 years leading D-II power Lincoln Memorial. Prior to that served as an assistant at High Point and Queens. An FAU grad, his first hoops job was on the staff of his alma mater during the tenure of Kevin Billerman. As us old timers know, the latter was a long time assistant for the Niners under fellow Duke alum Jeff Mullins.

Yep, I remember Kevin.

Apparently Brian Gregory also under investigation for allegedly failing to discipline Herrion, former HC at Marshall and CofC.

BTW, see that Alexis Yetna one of the USF players in the portal. Would love to get him, but I’d say our chances would be extremely slim and none on that happening.

Looks like no more Bill Murray sightings at the KFC Yum! Center etc:

https://mobile.twitter.com/rickbozich/status/1372605001823043587

And no more Lutz in Lincoln:

1 Like

I hope he is talking to College of Charleston.

See that CofC has had five players enter the portal, with one headed to Auburn. Plus two of the three member 2021 class have re-opened their respective recruitments. New coach is definitely going to be busy rebuilding the roster.

Lutz was on WFNZ earlier today around 12:15PM. Talked about leaving Nebraska and said he doesn’t have any particular job lined up but is looking for an opportunity to interact with players - something his UNL position did not allow - be that as the HC or an assistant.

2 Likes

happy its always sunny in philadelphia GIF

Mack’s dismissal of Gaudio having repercussions as Cards lose two North Carolinians in what had been a top 10 recruiting class for 2021:

1 Like

One time C-USA coach dismissed: