2021 Football Coaching Carousel

clt could see Houston to Vtech

1 Like

I think VT is looking for a certain type of personality that will appeal to their fanbase. Wonder if Clawson is it. Otherwise, I can see this happening.

Theyā€™re not going to hire the head coach at Wake Forestā€¦donā€™t even think Clawson is interested

1 Like

There are a ton of jobs open. The demand for quality coaches outweighs the supply IMO. I guess this is the new normal with huge money involved but many of these schools are shooting themselves in the foot not giving coaches enough time to build something.

You are absolutely right. Fan bases generally and big donors particularly want instant gratification. Just the way of the world now.

It is inexcusable that we have not fired our defensive coordinator. Teams with better defensive coordinators than ours have already done so

Someone that really knows football answer this for me, no emotional responses please. Is our talent on D that bad? How much of this poor play is on our D coaching?

I have asked a few guys that are either high school coaches or former Charlotte players and they have told me that our talent is not that bad. We are a little undersized still, but should not let the other team set records every game. We are not good at stopping the run or the pass which is unusual.

Glenn Spencer was fired at USF. Would be an easy pick up. Defense wasnā€™t their biggest problem. Right now we are stuck on Lambert 2.0.

1 Like

Spencer has not done that great since leaving hereā€¦Iā€™d be more for bringing Wallerstedt back

Probably a good move for Skip. I wouldnā€™t want to be a head coach in the new CUSA. I think he can do better.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t have done that if I was La Tech, they didnā€™t get over the hump but were perennially one of the best CUSA West teams under Holtz.

1 Like