2021 Summer Movies!

Im down. My bar for TV shows and movies is rather low. I just want to be entertained - be it fluffy stuff or heavy and generally I am not overly critical of stuff.

We just started watching the Lost Symbol. Looking forward to the Witcher and Stranger Things on TV and some Marvel stuff in the theaters.

Did I read that Book of Boba Fett is coming out in December?

I think so! Between that adn Obi Wan and the Asohaka series and getting Kathleen Kennedy outta the way maybe the SW universe can get back on track.

1 Like

That Witcher trailer that was released a couple of weeks ago looks fantastic.

1 Like

Maybe I am jaded but Witcher will never be more than a monster of the week show to me. I don’t see any deep narrative arc at all. Maybe that’s the point too.

It just feels small.

I don’t hate it - not at all. But I think that’s what keeps me from being a big fan.

That’s the impression I got too until the last episode, then it opened up more into the larger world and I really liked what I saw.

Thumbs up to Old Henry from me. I’m sure some might say it’s a little slow moving.

New Spidey unspecifically spoilery review:

Last chance to avoid semi spoilers…

Very successful full reset of the franchise. The writing had to do a lot of work to achieve it. The opening premise was, frankly, very flimsy. And I still have some questions about the ending. BUT, in between that was mostly gold with lots of small but poignant payoffs and solid performances. Since Tobey Maguire’s run as Peter Parker, it has come to light what a douchebag he is IRL - I was worried his appearance would ruin the movie. It did not. In fact, some of the call back actors did a fantastic job reprising roles they haven’t played in a long time.

Kids and people who don’t overthink movies like I do are gonna love this one. And even I liked it. Definite thumbs up.

If it means anything, in comparison, I liked the first Tom Holland Spidey movie, but very much disliked the second one, especially everything to do with the Mysterio character / plotline. That one was funnier than this one though. This one was much sadder with fewer laughs.