2021 Week 3 - Charlotte @ Georgia State, 9/18 7 PM ESPN+

Welcome to Niner Nation. I guess we still need to earn the respect that we all think we deserve, however it shouldnā€™t be this hard to change the mindset of those that are suppose to be ā€œneutralā€. A couple of games donā€™t make a trend, however in contrast, there are also currently teams in the top 25 that will continue to be the favorites in their games and stay in the top 25 primarily based on where they were ranked before the season and who they are even if they lose and play low level competition.

We are neither at this point, but for those that continue to bet against us only make our middle fingers stronger and longer when we prove people wrong.

Probably a decent game to bet on, but we are the niners so bet at your own risk.

The betting line now has us at +4 - +4.5

Bulletin board material right there.

BTW: 55% chance of scattered thunderstorms for ATL Saturday. :persevere:

oh my God, so true, itā€™s so hard to be on niners, no matter the sport

1 Like

Difficult to get a bead on this squad after they faced 2 high potent, efficient offenses. That being said I donā€™t consider army and unc defenses to be elite. Youā€™ll read they have the weapons to score but thru 2 weeks havenā€™t seen it yet. Hopefully, the film shows something to exploit. Again, Itā€™ll be on Reynolds and crew to put enough points up. Our defense has shown potential but I donā€™t think theyā€™re there yet to take over a game.

I hope Iā€™m 100% wrong, but oddsmakers are right more often than wrong. I dont think itā€™s as simple as looking at records after only 2 games. We beat a Duke team which was a huge win, especially for our local image, but they could be a really bad teamā€¦not just an ACC cellar dweller. And even against GW, our defense showed some glaring weaknesses.

As much as I dislike UNC CH, they are a top 25 team and may have done the same to us than they did to Ga State. And this will be our first road game. I think this game is a toss up, but Iā€™m not super offended we go into this game as dogs.

I think the spread essentially suggests the game is a toss upā€¦home field advantage is maybe 2-3 points in the line (not a better, so I donā€™t know). Armyā€™s defense was excellent last season and really stout this year too, I think.

Georgia State has weapons on offense and if it clicks the Niners defense will have to have its best game to dateā€¦by a long shot. Duke hurt themselves, dropped td pass and fumble (caused by a great hit) inside the five kept the Niners in the game. Georgia State is not playing well, really struggling to put the offense together (which shocks Panther fans because everyone worried about the defense going into the season).

I think this could be a really close game, tighter than the records suggest. But, between the two teams, the Niners are playing with a healthy confidenceā€¦Panthers are not. That counts for something, I think.

I give the nod to the Niners, I just think the Panthersā€™ season is about to tank with a 0-5 startā€¦maybe worse. As much as I hate going against the Panthers, Iā€™m going with the Niners because going into Illinois 3-0, with I think a real shot at winning there, would be huge for the programā€¦Can you imagine being 4-0 and two of those wins against P5s!!! The win means more for the Niners, although a win for the Panthers might turn their season around (doubtful, week after this game the Panthers go to Auburn).

2 Likes

Army is a unique opponent too, tough to really tell anything when you play against them that applies to more conventional teams. I think this is a 60-40ish game in our favor and a good measuring stick. Itā€™s the type of game we need to win if we want to get to where we want to go. Iā€™d love to jump on them early and hopefully get them saying ā€œHere we go againā€.

I think it will be a battle though and we win a close one.

1 Like

Hitting them early would definitely keep them dejected. Need to keep the pressure on and take their will to win. We know theyā€™re already unhappy with their start to the season. They were expected to roll army.

2 Likes

This could help.

5 Likes

Big news!! Should be instant impact on our DL.

3 Likes

Awesome news!! Hard to imagine 1 player will be able to fix our atrocious run defenseā€¦but he should certainly help and make a difference. Just how big of a difference we will see!!

1 Like

He is a 282 lb high energy 3 technique guy. Maybe not Larry Ogunjobi exactly, but he plays the same role and does it like he is mad at someone.

Our run D needs all the help it can get.

6 Likes

ā€œAggression, poise and composure all tie into my game,ā€ Holley said. ā€œJust playing with violence."

This works for me.

2 Likes

clt says the line should move in vegas

1 Like

Youā€™d be amazed how much better everybody else can play when they know no one will be running towards a certain spot.

2 Likes

I still donā€™t think our run D is as bad as the stats say. Like I mentioned at least 100 yards should have been negated by holds.

2 Likes

Redirecting... Niners Live

Another great Hunter article and cannot wait to have this big, hungry violent dude on our defense. Look out

2 Likes