2021 Week 8 - FAU @ Charlotte, 10/21 7:30 PM CBSSN

5 Likes

Historians. Is this the biggest conference game we have had at home with regard to positioning us to go to the CUSA championship game?

My admittedly amateurish reading of this game is its huge. We would go 3-0 in conference and push the next best team in our division down a game.

So my feeling going in this is a huge game. We need this! Letā€™s win this. Go niners!!!

Edit. Oops. Did not realize Marshall had jumped FAU in the standings. I still think this game is hyper important.

4 Likes

Yep. This is a big one for us. And 5-2 just looks so much better than 4-3

3 Likes

Weā€™re getting no respect from ESPN, which is no real big shocker, with only a 30% chance of winning at home. I hope all of the ā€œexpertsā€ keep betting against us. If Healy is smart, he keeps using this as motivation to have the NINERS shove it down their throats on game day.

2 Likes

Huge game. We win and we are in drivers seat to come out of the East with Marshall game being at home.

Maybe not biggest home game ever but itā€™s up there!

4 Likes

We looked really good against them for about 3/4 of the game last season. I hope we can carry over the good from last season and get some pay back. Would be one of the biggest wins ever for us.

Initial odds have us as a 4-4.5 point underdog

The time travellers from Vegas have spoken. We will lose by 4 or 5ā€¦take it to the bank.

clt says biggest home game yet

Two years ago we were in a similar position and was weighed, measured, and found wanting by Kiffin. Weā€™re better than we were two years ago and while FAU is still probably the most talented team in the East Kiffin isnā€™t there to get the most out of it.

This is a monster game, we win this one and weā€™re in the drivers seat for the East.

clt is bringing golf balls and mustard bottles to toss at the kiffen replacement.

Likely a nxt or equivalent

5 Likes

More odds. Niners at +2 on this one.

We have never had this opportunity in footballā€¦a late season game with real implications towards winning the division/conference. This is the type of game Lutz thrived in and what made me so proud as a Niner during his tenure. Iā€™m sure his teams fell flat on a few occassionsā€¦but they were few. His teams were ready, fired up and prepared to win these gamesā€¦and we won our share.

I see a lot of Lutz in Healy but this is the first test to really see if the Healy hype train could be for real.

A tough but winnable gameā€¦at homeā€¦with REAL conference implications.

Big testā€¦how prepared and ready will he have the troops???

Hereā€™s hoping for some Lutz-esque magic this Thursday night!!

3 Likes
1 Like

Pays to not have your head coach also doing special teams.

1 Like

Summary of how our opponents did this week. Overall our opponents are 26-50. 7-12 in C-USA.

DUKE (3-4) - Lost at Virginia 48-0

GARDNER-WEBB (2-4) - BYE

At GEORGIA STATE (2-4) ā€“ BYE

MTSU (2-4, 1-2 CUSA) -BYE

At ILLINOIS (2-5) ā€“ BYE

At FIU (1-5, 0-2 C-USA) ā€“ BYE

FAU (3-3, 1-1 C-USA) ā€“BYE

At WKU (2-4, 1-1 C-USA) ā€“ Won at ODU 43-20

RICE (2-4, 1-1 C-USA) Lost at UTSA 42-0

At LATECH (2-4, 1-1 C-USA) ā€“Lost at UTEP 19-3

MARSHALL (4-3, 2-1 C-USA) ā€“ Won at North Texas 49-21

At OLD DOMINION (1-6, 0-3 C-USA) ā€“ Lost to WKU 43-20

Conference Standings:

1 Like

Anyone joining the Normbulance tailgate this week - we have Cicis hooking us up with discounted pizzas. Just let me know if you ware going to eat so we can factor in head count.

1 Like

I read that first as discontinued pizzas and wondered what that meant!!

1 Like

So if we beat FAU does that make us 1-0 in the AAC?

1 Like