2021 Week 8 - FAU @ Charlotte, 10/21 7:30 PM CBSSN

1 Like

I for one hope the aac exposure helps improve the coaching staff selection and the recruiting because they are going to need it

so much wrong with tonight. Cruz has regressed since his super-human freshman year, defense was even more horrible than usual, and it actually looked like the team quit fighting. I hope this was a one-time shit-the-bed moment and they shake it off. FAU did look like the best team weā€™ve faced this year, and their lines were dominating ours. We need line help I think.

2 Likes

We have no business going to any bowl game despite what our record may be.

Our remaining schedule is pretty bad, our next three games are against 3 2-4 teams, we will probably win a few and feel good about ourselves then get our butts handed to us against marshal and come back down to earth, we could get to 6 or 7 wins and will mask that we arenā€™t very good.

Everyone sees the same thing, we donā€™t have a lot of Athletes, our d and o line are small and un athletic and we canā€™t tackle if our life depended on it.

For some reason the Panthers and 49ers are having similar seasons this year, not nearly as good as their records and a lot of work to still do.

Hopefully Healy can get some more lineman transfers in the off season because it was ugly in the second half.

I fell asleep when we put Foster in. I wish it had been about 20 minutes earlier.

I wonder how many shit shows weā€™ll see this basketball season? We saw enough for a lifetime last year.

2 Likes

And why does the announcer say thatā€™s another first down when weā€™re down by 28 freaking points?

Yes Iā€™m pissed

What bothers me are the same problems, at the same positions, we cant seem to recruit defensive tackles that can play at this level, our linebackers constantly take bad angles on the run, and our defensive backs cant cover long passes or get off their blocks on runs, and the biggest difference between Healys first year and now is the decline of the offensive line, we used to be a physical smash mouth offensive line, now we have become a passing team because we cant get the running game going, we have become one denominational on offense

ā€œwe got our ass kicked in the second half. It was a horse shit performanceā€

2 Likes

No weā€™re not.

WKU is going to brutalized us.

2 Likes

I guess we will see, who knows what kind of team we are, our schedule so far as been pretty easy, Bojangles posts our opponents record every week and itā€™s pretty badā€¦

I hate we lost the OL Crawford kid, I feel like if he played this year our O line would be better, we couldnā€™t run and Reynolds seemed like he was running for his life on a lot of plays.

same-as-it-ever-was-david-byrne

1 Like

This was an embarrassment. I keep seeing everyone saying it was talent. No, it was coaching. They adjusted their plays in second half. We didnā€™t. They spread our defense out and if we played pass, they ran. If we played run, they passed. They were 5 steps ahead of us. First half, they had 41 yards rushing and 130 total yards and 9 minutes time of possession. First half, we had 260 yards of offense and should of been up by at least 10 but we made boneheaded plays. Second half, we had 90 yards of offense, 70 of that came in garbage time. Second half, they had 300 yards of offense.

The team didnā€™t look mentally like they were there. They quit in second quarter. We were out coached. Out hustled. Out schemed. Out executioned. Out everything.

2019 after bye week, we laid an egg at fiu and lost by 20+ points, bowl game we lost by 20+ points. 2020 Iā€™m skipping. Tonight after bye week we lose by almost 30. Seems there needs to be adjustments for games with time gaps. Being the clapper doesnā€™t always work.

4 Likes

They broke us in that 2nd half. One of the hallmarks of this program since Healy arrived has been they would battle till the end (ala North Texas 2019). We didnā€™t have that same fire tonight aside from the schematic and execution issues.

Weā€™d better get it corrected fast though because WKUs offense is superior to FAUs.

Great showing by the students again, they have been great this year. Thatā€™s the only plus I can think of, defense, offense, special teams all played poorly. We have lots of winnable games left and still the chance to get to a decent bowl game. Long term, we have to get more talent or better coaching on both lines, offense and defense.

3 Likes
  1. We were an embarrassment.
  2. Healy needs to retire as Head Cheerleader and become full time Head Coach.
  3. Healy needs to hire D1 coaches not friends.
  4. Playing like this and with our poor record in basketball we are going to be nothing but a bottom feeder in the AAC unless major changes are made to both programs.
  5. I donā€™t think Healyā€™s name is going to pop up as a candidate for other coaching jobs in the near future.
  6. Honeymoon is over, actions need to take place for the positive now.
3 Likes

Looks like the sun came up today in Fort Mill, SC.

FAU was better than us.

We are improving.

Changes need to be made.

Future is bright.

:joy: This is a perfect description of the 2nd half!!!

Side note: this Jim Mora rant came after the Panthers beat the crap out of the Saints at Ericson Stadium in 1996. Mora quit the next day!!

1 Like