2021 Week 9 - Charlotte @ WKU 10/30 4:00 PM ESPN+

Hope we can hang with WKU this weekend. Looks like rain in the forecast too, might get ugly.

Hunter Bailey just tweeted that against FAUā€¦Charlotte held the ball for 10 more minutes and ran 23 more plays than FAUā€¦and still lost by 29 points!!!

How is that even possible!?

Win time of possession by 10+min and run 23 more plays should result in an easy winā€¦not a flogging!!!

FAU was embarrassingā€¦WKU could be worse.

2 Likes

When their scoring drives were 2 or 3 plays it doesnā€™t eat up much clock. We looked like the worst college defense I have ever seen against FAU.

2 Likes

If youā€™ve noticed Charlotte uses every bit of the play clock during most snaps. I assume this is done to limit the other teams possessions and to keep our defense off the field. The problem with this is when you arenā€™t moving the chains.

We are a run first team but arenā€™t averaging many yards per carry. Our wideouts are some of the best players on our roster yet we donā€™t get them the ball enough.

Itā€™s going to be ugly defensively. Our offense is going to have to score 40+ at least to win.

Hopefully this game will be the beginning of the end for our defensive staff.

All I know is coach said we are now a 4-3 Defense and we only use Nickle and Dime packages because opposing teams put 5 wideouts on the field against us.

clt says finally the 4.3 defense is here

Fixed.

Scoring drives

5:57
1:22
2:21
0:07
4:24
0:28

Iā€™m hearing that Reynolds is doubtful for Saturday. Hand isnā€™t broken, but he didnā€™t practice at all this week.

Healy said he was good to go on Niners Live.

I heard the same ninernation. Something like a dislocation/ligament issue. Healy likely blowing smoke.

Healy said he ā€œgot beat up pretty goodā€ and talked like they should have went to Foster a little earlier, but did say Reynolds practiced Monday and was good to go.

I watched practice Monday and he didnā€™t take a single snap. Probably good for Healy to keep it on the low as far as WKUā€™s game planning goes this week.

I wouldnā€™t mind seeing Foster giving some decent playing time just to see what he can do.

1 Like

Guys, you donā€™t always need to tell everything you hear.

Maybe thereā€™s a reason this wasnā€™t publicizedā€¦.

2 Likes

I think NNN is safe

really when you get right down to it, it is about who the offense trusts to get the job done Right now it is Reynolds

Take Clemson for example: they have very little trust that their QB can handle the situation and it shows. Same thing when we tried to start Greene at QB a few years ago. One could tell that the team didnā€™t trust his leadership.

It will be Fosters team next year. We can certainly win this game and we have beaten a better WKU squad in the past

Go Niners!

You do know Chris can come back next year if he wants, right.

If you think 10 mins is a lot, did you see any of the Wake game Saturday?