2022-23 C-USA Basketball ๐Ÿ€

Week 13:

We have to go 5-1 over the last 6 to finish 10-10 in CUSAโ€ฆ

puke GIF

I hate it, but we are more likely to go 1-5 to finish than 5-1
The only game I feel confident about is UTSA and even that is iffy because its away from home.

Id bet every penny I have against that happening.

3 Likes

But then we lose the opening conf tournament game and finish 10-11 :sweat_smile:

Alijah Martin had nice stats for the week in being named POTW but the singular best performance was put in by Dayvion McKnight:

From last night:

Texass.

clt doubts if we even have heat in haltron.

1 Like

FAU didnโ€™t drop in the NET as much as I thought they might after last nightโ€™s game. Went from #17 to #22.

Did elevate Middle Tennessee 10 spots and Blue Raiders now ahead of us in the rankings.

Canโ€™t believe we still have a shot at the 5th seed for the CUSA tournament, we are 1 game behind Rice who is 8-8. We are 7-9 and FIU is 7-9

FIU has by far the easiest remaining schedule, Home against UTSA and UTEP, on the road at LTECH and Rice. They could go 3-1 and would probably earn the 5th seed with a 10-10 record.

We have NT, Rice and UAB at home and UTSA on the road, I think we would have to get 10 wins get the 5th seed, can we get 2 out of 3 for the home games and beat UTSA on the road. I think we would need to beat Rice as one of them for tie breaker reasons.

Still shocked we are even having this conversation, I thought we would have penciled in the 9 seed this past week.

2 Likes
7 Likes

Week 14 accolades:

2 Likes

Latest NET (thru games played 2-19):

22 FAU
46 North Texas
66 UAB
112 CHARLOTTE
113 Middle Tennessee
152 LA Tech
149 Rice
171 WKU
190 UTEP
211 FIU
303 UTSA

Got the first 86 wins with the Niners:

1 Like

I know some guys like to name their penis, but Iโ€™ve never met one who called his โ€œAtlanticโ€

1 Like

Wow! Didnโ€™t know we had middle schoolers on here. Welcome! :wink: