2022-23 C-USA Basketball ๐Ÿ€

HA! What makes you think I made it to middle school?

1 Like

Week 15 honorees:

1 Like

Latest NET (thru games played 2-26):

20 FAU
50 North Texas
57 UAB
104 CHARLOTTE
108 Middle Tennessee
163 LA Tech
170 WKU
175 Rice
192 UTEP
224 FIU
302 UTSA

Would most of us been happy if we were told we could finish inside the top 100 at the beginning of the year? If we win our last two games we will be inside the top 100

4 Likes

Yes, and the 4 vs 5 game will probably come down to whichever teamโ€™s shooters acclimate best to playing in whatever you call that arena. Depth perception has got to be a factor.

1 Like

Officially itโ€™s the Ford Center at The Star. And actually not an arena but an indoor stadium.

We need the dregs of the league to flame out in the first round of the conference tournament to give the remaining teams a NET boost.

I am still holding on to a chance at two bids, the most likely scenario being FAU losing to UNT or UAB in the final, but even if they win there should be a case for one of the other two if things break right.

Itโ€™s always an issue, and not just there - in the big arenas they play the NCAA tournament games it was as well. That was one of the reasons we used to exit so quickly in the tournament when Lutz had all those shooters. We had a hard time shooting that well in those games (all credit to the opponent aside).

We have talked a bunch how bad our OOC schedule isโ€ฆ have you looked at North Texas! Holy cow, cupcake central, we might have screwed them over for an at large, if they win out and lose to FAU in the Champ game I still donโ€™t think they have done enough but who knows.

Thatโ€™s just it, our โ€œcrapโ€ SOS is based on us avoiding playing D2/D3 schools and scheduling low end D1 instead. A point that I believe @run49er has made before. Since those D2 games donโ€™t count in the NET it actually doesnโ€™t hurt those teams like our games hurt our SOS.

Say what you will about the quality of other opponents, etc, but that is a pretty significant factor.

And in past seasons it wasnโ€™t just CUSA teams doing this. Though they sometimes get counted as preseason exhibitions like that year LeMoyne beat Syracuse.

clt says we must respect the curtain

3 Likes

McCasland in same predicament as May et al and probably more since North Texas has been to the NCAAT and won a game, beating #4 Purdue in 2021. Lucky to have gotten Saint Maryโ€™s this year, even if it was an ass kicking!

Just saw where Clemsonโ€™s OCC ranked 342.

1 Like

And ours is 344.

Whatโ€™s North Texasโ€™?

Mean Green is 116.

1 Like

Thatโ€™s why 13-5 in the ACC and in if the tourney started today they probably not in

Wait, hold up, you are telling me an OOC schedule of

Southern Nazarene, St Marys, Fresno St, San Jose st, Long beach St, UNCW, Omaha, UT Alrington, Grand Canyon and UMass is good for the 116 strength of scheduleโ€ฆ???

Good lord that doesnโ€™t look much different than ours, did we try to schedule bad teams for our OOCโ€ฆ makes no sense.

MWC teams really propping up that OOC. As Run said, thatโ€™s a good league this year. Higher ranked than the mighty ACC.

2 Likes

Kansas State is another one around 302 OOC but projected to be a 2 seed with a top 20 NET

1 Like