2022-23 College Basketball 🏀

Bryant 73
Syracuse 72

1 Like

Poor Tarholes and Blue Satans both lost today. With a second lost within days of each other, I’m sure the NCAA gods will punish baby blue by knocking their rank from 1 to 2.

1 Like

Already been talk before the Bama game that UNC-CH was overrated. Jeff Goodman had knocked them down to #5 and Gary Parrish all the way to 20th in their respective daily rankings.

1 Like

If anybody wants to have fun tomorrow, just text the words “Chapel Cheat” to WFNZ all day tomorrow, especially from 6-3. Their producers both deny that fake classes ever happened and continue to say they did things the right way.

1 Like

Huh? Even Chapel Hill itself does not deny the fake classes, only maintaining that they weren’t available exclusively to athletes.

https://carolinacommitment.unc.edu/unc-chapel-hills-report-responding-to-the-southern-association-of-colleges-and-schools-commission-on-colleges-sacscoc/

UNC-Chapel-Hill-Report-to-SACSCOC-Redacted-for-Public-Release.pdf (1.8 MB)

1 Like

This score jumped out to me because LA Tech had participated in an MTE at Samford University in Birmingham over the Thanksgiving weekend and had defeated the same UTenn team on Saturday:

UTenn Southern (NAIA) 84
Samford 82

Had to look up UT Southern and discovered it is the newest campus of the University of Tennessee system, having joined last year. The school itself dates back to 1870 and is located in Pulaski about 75 miles south of Nashville.

Anyway, seems like a whole lot more “obscure” non-D-I foes showing up on schedules this season.

1 Like
1 Like

Didn’t we lose a multiple OT games about the same back when we could find our ass with either hand??

Alabama beat us 102-101 in a 3OT game in Halton on December 4, 2004.

I was at that game. 226. One of the more frustrating walks out of Halton back then.

Jay Bilas was there too. Yeah he used to come to our games, on his own time.

1 Like

clt says bilas and lutz are friends

Last time this was the case, I won like $15 off my uncle in the N.C. game.

Oh and then there’s this:

You hate to see it.

3 Likes

clt says they shouldn’t be ranked

1 Like

clt says didn’t he play at CHeat? Would make sense

Speaking about 'Dem Heels, won’t they be glad to start ACC play so their schedule becomes much easier?

Damnit, I just saw this. Gold.

4 Likes