2022-23 College Basketball šŸ€

Fuck it! Letā€™s have a 15 second shot clock. Also, passes to be limited to 2 per possession. Defense to play with one hand behind the back. Change is awesome!
(Except Marshallā€™s Blundering Turd would have to make no changes)

Wouldnā€™t it mean more shot clock violations for us? :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Less standing around dribbling, removes the slow dribbling down the back court taking 9.9 secā€¦ why not. I say go for it, more action.

Iā€™m fine with 30 sec clock

The NBA plays 82 games plus playoffs. The Rick Patino experiment proved the stupidity of trying to make athletes play a press defense for that number of contests since they are not bionic men. College plays a lot fewer and thus a consistent press is more plausible. If a shortened college shot clock is instituted, then pressing will make it much harder to get the basketball into a good scoring position and there will be lots of wild ass desperation shots. Pointless activity is not entertaining to me. To each his own.
Of course, the newly adopted compensation rules will result in ā€œNBA liteā€ anyway, so having a short shot clock will help that trend out. (Gets out video from 1970 and cracks open a beer)

What he said.

Yeah, Iā€™m fine with 30 too.

My counter would be why does it seem like we pass up attempting good shots early in the shot clock only to take a bad shot at the last second?

If thatā€™s a question your answer would be bad coachingā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™d guess majority of the time a team uses the whole 30 sec shot clock, there was at least 6 seconds of wasteful use of that 30 seconds of time from the perspective of not actively and efficiently trying to get a good shot up.

Because we do. Itā€™s the idea to have fewer offensive possessions pergame. Just waste time. The crazy thing is for this philosophy to work you need a efficient offensive to scare needed points off limited possessions. That is not what we have seen. Not even close.

2 Likes

Right. So the way we play, going down to 24 sec shot glass wouldnā€™t impact us.

Perhaps I wasnā€™t clear in my post. The thrust of it was that a shorter shot clock would be easier to defend and would lead to more terrible shots. That was in reference to the game in general and not to our team in particular. Our offense is another subject.

1 Like

FWIW, would assume the Niner MBB games in Costa Rica were played per FIBA rules - 24 second clock, 10 minute quarters, etc.

1 Like

I like the differentiation with the pros. (Iā€™m talking NBA and Fiba top level, I have no idea what amateurs play under in Fiba).

30 seconds seems fine to me. Leave it as it is.

1 Like

We may be better off with a 24 second shot clock. Would kind of force us to look for shots earlier instead of giving the defense so much time to get set & rest before we actually attempt to score.

1 Like