2022-23 College Basketball šŸ€

Thatā€™s fantastic. Between that and the Playoff expansion, itā€™s a big F U to the powers that be trying to consolidate both sports and try to turn them into pro style leagues.

College sports are special. We should be trying to enhance that difference, not remove it.

1 Like

Martin was announced as UMassā€™ head coach on 3/25/22.

UMass was 15-17, 7-11 in 2021-22. They havenā€™t had a winning season since 2014.

ā€œBut, but, but it takes YEARS to build a winning roster / program.ā€

We make so many excuses. Itā€™s ridiculous.

Yep, it old and maddening

Not sure anyone wants to hear this, but there were plenty of times the Niners had the defense on the move only to have the ball stick in Jahmirā€™s hand when he got it last year. This allowed the defense to reset. I guess one silver lining was Jahmir was able to still make a move and hit a tough shot a lot.

1 Like

HMMM. Three hundred sixty two choices and we play Detroit Mercy twice.

I can assure you that Young leaving is not addition by subtraction for us.

Daniel , donā€™t be so sure about that. Towards the end , there were signs of his non team balling.

A look at future conference mates:

I donā€™t give two shits about this. Thanks for sharing.

We will have to wait and see. Too early to call that one

What are you responding about? That Young isnā€™t addition by subtraction?

If Ron couldnā€™t win with last years roster, I donā€™t see how he does with this one. I am prepared for a really poor season. I hope I am wrong. Very wrong.

3 Likes

Last year was painful and I donā€™t have high expectations this season but who knows. Maybe a team without Butler, Trapp, and Young is a better team? Stranger things have happend. Some guys are toxic and donā€™t play well together even though they are incredible athletes.

I feel like Iā€™m turning into the eternal optimist on here, but Iā€™m really excited about Niner sports and the future. Look at what schools have done since leaving CUSA. It seems to offfer a huge boost for no apparent reason.

I do agree about the future. Regardless of how this season plays out I am very bullish on Niner athletics.

4 Likes

Another future conference mate preview: