2022-23 MBB - Charlotte @ Monmouth, 12/17 2:00 PM FloSports

Reposting this from another thread:

Monmouth led this one 52-51 with 15:27 left in the game. Cuse slowly pulled away for the win over the remainder of the game.

This was at home (duh this is “we don’t play road nonconference games” Syracuse) too.

I hope we aren’t taking this one for granted.

Highlights are available here:

That foul disparity is … interesting.

14 of those fouls on Monmouth were called between that last lead and the 1:04 mark of the game. This wasn’t just a flurry of last minute fouling.

Standard FloSports warning: they are difficult to cancel and try to push you into signing up for an entire year (usually $99 though I haven’t checked lately). This one will be a bit more challenging to watch for most Niner fans.

FloSports has an app for Roku etc but may not have one for specific smart TV brands. Just depends on what they have worked out with them. You may be able to watch it via a Browser instead.

I also suspect that a few of us will be sailing the seven seas… :pirate_flag:

Watched some of the 2nd half until Cuse started pulling away last night. They didn’t shoot the 3 well, so I feel pretty good about our chances. AS long as we don’t let a 30% shooting team turn into a 60% shooting team from 3 in the first 10 minutes, we should be fine.

I’ll probably just listen to Matt & Trevor for this one and pass on FloSports.

3 Likes

FloSports?

Oh Man Reaction GIF by Bounce

6 Likes

Wave Hello GIF by Progressive

2 Likes

HIGHLY recommend that you NOT engage with FloSports. Their business practices are deplorable…only use if you have a burner email address/credit card.

If Charlotte were in the Final Four, and Flo was the only way to watch…I still wouldn’t.

Will settle for the radio broadcast.

9 Likes

flo sports is on Amazon fire stick and part of the free app without charge. When you search for flo sports on firestick it tells that you it tells that you already own it. Good luck

Is Musa available for this game?

Myself, Mrs. Chisox, and little baby Chi will be at the game. Most likely sitting behind our bench. So keep an eye out for us. Monmouth is just about an hour away from us up here in nj.

14 Likes

Just an idea, cut your shirt so you don’t have any sleeves!!! the new tic toc challenge, “the Poggi”

Looking over box score from last year’s game and of the 8 Monmouth players who saw action against us, only two still with the program and none of the starting five. One is Myles Foster, their leading scorer and rebounder this season at 11.9 ppg and 6.4 rpg. The other, Myles Ruth, is the leading assist guy at 2.7 apg and third in points at 8.5 ppg. Both came off the bench in 2021-22.

https://twitter.com/CharlotteMBB/status/1603767968290127872

3 Likes
Would a 9-2 OOC record meet your expectation 11 games into the season?
  • Meets my expectation, the SOS was kinda weak
  • Surpasses my expectation, I would have been happy at 8-3
  • Below my expectation, 10-1 with our SOS should have been the bar

0 voters

I hope the Niners win so we won’t have to #FireSkody again.

4 Likes

clt says we should not be playing games like this on the road. We are going to the AAC

1 Like

Closing Season 7 GIF by One Chicago