2022-23 MBB - Detroit Mercy @ Charlotte, 12/10 2:00 PM ESPN+

Iā€™m more nervous about this game than I have been about one of our games in a long time. We just need this win so badly to keep the season on track. They were tough to start with and now theyā€™ve added a P5 power forward who is a double double machine. Ugh. I know we can do it, but we will need to execute perfectly on offense, not let their zone D get us in a funk, and just drape defense all over Davis.

4 Likes

Agree with everything you said except Iā€™m not nervous about this game. Iā€™m confident we know whatā€™s at stake here and will rise to the occasion. Our home crowd will help keep the team focused and motivated. GO NINERS! :green_heart::pick:

4 Likes

Just gotta protect the home court. UDM isnā€™t a bad team, so the boys just have to come out ready to play. Only thing that worries me is a week layoffā€¦do we come out a little flat. Hope notā€¦8-2 looks soooo much better than 7-3 (with two losses to a team that I donā€™t think is superior)ā€¦need momentum this season for the move next season. This team seems different than the last couple yearsā€¦hope what Iā€™m seeing is for real.

3 Likes

Damn I hope we come out ready to play and get this one !

I support what was said earlier about them not being a bad team. There was a lot of angst about us losing to a Horizon league team but every league has good teams. And they ebb and flow.

If we get this win today Iā€™m gonna count it as a very good win!

5 Likes

I was also there in person to experience the fall of Michigan at Rupp Arena. It was awesome. I was actually young and naive enough then to believe that the niners could build on that success into the future. Of course, I was dreadfully wrong. We did not have the foundation in place. Hopefully, we have hit bottom, and we are finally beginning to claw our way back to prominence in football and basketball.

3 Likes

Yankee is now censor material?

Been seeing us favored between 6 and 9 points in the previews. Now see itā€™s 8 just before tipoff.

Already much better than the 2st game. Detroit is 1-5 and weā€™ve hit 2 threes. Letā€™s go Niners!

Very impressed with the defensive scheme this first half.

Alys fingerā€¦ hope it was just dislocated.

20-2 run for them to end the half. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I counted at least 5 missed layups plus unforced TOs, head scratcher decision to have Aldrich in after 2nd foul, etc. Ugh!

Unofficial halftime stats:

This team has shown it has mental fortitude. Letā€™s grind out a W if we need to. Niners canā€™t afford to lose to Detroit twice

3 Likes

Would like to see more Brice. Had some great passes when he was in

1 Like

ESPN app has it at 47-46 at half; not 47-43

Upon review, Khalifa didnā€™t get the shot off before the halftime buzzer.

Why Brice? What has he done?

1 Like

Heā€™s definitely in a funk. And since weā€™re the Niners and I like Joe Walsh and the James Gang, will call it Funk #49.

3 Likes