2022-23 MBB - Detroit Mercy @ Charlotte, 12/10 2:00 PM ESPN+

We don’t have a play-maker. Nobody to go to when we need a bucket.

Y’all students are WEAK tonight!

My friend’s Apple watch hasn’t warned her about excessive noise all night!

I think it sucks that we have let it be a tie with 33.7 sec left.

Students are loud from my vantage point :clap:

8 Likes

Watch doesn’t lie

Love the grit!!! Go Niners!! 5-0 at home for the 1st time in a decade!!!

5 Likes

Wow, just wow! Great win! Defense! Huge game from Milicic.

6 Likes

Glad we toughed out the win. A win is going to prove to be good, a loss would have been brutal.

Detroit better than their record, I think they should tear through their conference. They were better with their missing player back.

Anderson is ridiculous. He’s like Plavich but athletic. I think he shot better with a hand in his face than he did when he was wide open.

This team must be a bad matchup for us. While I think we’re the better team in the broad scheme of things, I think they beat us head to head more times than not. Note to Sanchez - don’t schedule them until after the coach’s son has used up all his eligibility.

4 Likes
2 Likes

That was a crazy game. That Davis kid was good, but I’d be livid if any individual Niner shot 27 3s in a single game. Just like the App game, first half heat checks are negated by halftime adjustments and better defense.

In 10 games, I’ve gone from thinking Sanchez was incapable of coaching t-ball, to pulling a Chad Ochocinco, and telling everybody behind tearful eyes, “That’s my coach.”

Could it all come crashing down? Of course. But this team doesn’t fold. That 23 point swing would’ve made 99% of teams pack it in. This team is fun to follow.

7 Likes

After the rest of his team went to the locker room pregame, he stayed out with two coaches to shoot. He made 19 threes is a row then made 14 2 pointers in the lane. All consecutively.

Most impressive thing to me, other than the pure grit this team plays with, is that they did hit a single 3 pointer in the 2nd half on their way to retaking the lead before going to overtime. And only hit one 3 in the OT period and STILL walked away with a win. That shows me that this team doesn’t panic and is capable of scoring inside the arc and at the line to win games which will be HUGE in conference play.

4 Likes

Glad we are a real basketball program again. This is a high water mark in 49ers history

2 Likes

Hitting our free throws made a big difference, 16 of 17 from the line. Detroit only scored 7 from the charity stripe.

4 Likes

Someone check behind me, but I believe Detroit tied or beat the Halton record for 3s in a game that we set against Eddie Foegeler’s gamecock squad (17 I think).

2 Likes

Davis was impressive not just for the shots and points he put up but he never stopped moving. He made his open looks and made some tough one as well.

This team doesn’t stop battling and on the defensive side seems to find a second gear in tight games and in a lot of games this year performing better in the second half than first.

They are fun to watch and they may lose some games we think they shouldn’t, but they have the ability to beat anyone any night with the effort they are playing with.

3 Likes

Game winner.

1 Like

Crowd wasn’t huge - but it was into the game and loud when needed. I thought the students were great - F the damn Apple watch.

The scouting report against the Niners is simple - have to hit your 3’s. In the last two games our opponent has been around 70% for 3s and these are, for the most part either contested or they are taking them from the NBA line. I am sure Ron tells his team - “relax - law of averages will win - stay in our game.” It is tough to do so but it thus far it is working.

8-2 feels great and unless we lay a huge egg against 1-8 Monmouth - we will go into conf play at 9-2.

10 Likes