2022-23 Niner Basketball šŸ€

I donā€™t know how you lose a talent like Jahmir and expect to be better.

Iā€™m glad there are people who care enough to be optimistic, but I donā€™t know how you get there logically.

3 Likes

clt says we will win the conference if our pillars remain strong

1 Like

Can i ask why you think that?

Has to be trollingā€¦ if anyone makes a list with what we lost and what we added, itā€™s pretty clear. This season will NOT be fun for fans.

For tge record, i think our talent level is decent but there is no reason for anybody to have confidence in sanchez, regardless of talent level.

Someone with time on their hands, please do a list of who we lost from last year (name, yr, minutes per game, points per game) and what players we added (same stats if a transfer otherwise just say freshman). And add Williams to the added list with stats from 2 years ago.

I am looking forward to seeing this team. I am looking for an addition by subtraction situation. Loved Jamir but I think all deferred to him. I also believe he couldnā€™t/wouldnā€™t step up at times.
Could it be a crappy year, yes. Could we be mediocre, yes. Could we be better than expected, I hope!
Letā€™s give the kids and coaches a few games before giving last rites.
If they donā€™t perform, time for a change, but know it could set us back even farther given portal and such. The portal giveth and taketh
One Niners opinion and I am sure the follow up comments will all be pessimistic and sarcastic. So ready, set, go!

3 Likes

Given the roster changes, Sanchez history and niner history the past 15 years, not sure how I can start the season off not being pessimistic. If we had a new coach, then Iā€™d have at least some kind of optimistic green tinted glasses thoughts even though the roster is the same.

Im all for letting the team grow and develop early but nothibg in rons tenure has shown that the team will improve as the season goes on.

With our luck Sanchez will have his best season yet without a leader. I mean look at his first season with Jon Davis verses next. Maybe Ron does better without a strong leader in the group?

1 Like

They actually did look exciting in the Costa Rica video

1 Like

Id argue that martin was a good leader. Not an elite player but a goid one with heart and vocal.

1 Like

This is the only year since ive followd the program that across the board theres no early season hope where we talk ourselves as fans into irrational expectations. Maybe for this reason its the year we break the NCAA drought??

1 Like

Normally about this time of the year is when ninerfan55 makes the illogical statement of the team having bubble team potential.

https://twitter.com/CharlotteMBB/status/1565006503274233857

Sanchez realllllly wants Ws.

:cupcake:

5 Likes

This is a very odd schedule.

For some reason we are playing Detroit Mercy twice?

And we are playing every CUSA team H&H, which means 20 league games, our most ever.

I like H&H schedules in a good league. In a bad oneā€¦ meh.

A lot of excitement in that home OOC slate. Thanks for giving the fans a reason to be excited and show up. Canā€™t wait to see this yearā€™s strength of schedule ranking.

3 Likes

Itā€™s a schedule intended to preserve Sanchezā€™s and Hillā€™s jobs.

Can we be any more limp dicked heading into our AAC membership? If there is such a thing as BDE, we are the complete opposite of it.

We are acting like a 300+ ranked hoops program, and pretty much a 300+ ranked athletics program in relation to our revenue sports.

Itā€™s depressing.

3 Likes

My God weā€™ve fallen of the face of the fucking earth. Thatā€™s the shittiest schedule I have ever seen. Bet we donā€™t have 1200 at most of theseā€¦.

4 Likes