2022-23 Niner Basketball 🏀

Very cool. My birthday is today too!! Happy birthday Hobbs! :basketball::green_heart::pick:

2 Likes

GAMES OF INTEREST, JAN 27th
(Posted 9:05 PM)

Saint Louis 74
:basketball: Davidson 70

:basketball: Detroit Mercy 77
Robert Morris 85

Yep, first time Saint Louis has won at Belk Arena. Cats 10-17 on FTs negated having five double figure scorers.

BTW, Billiken PG Yuri Collins pretty much right on his season averages of 12.1 ppg and 10.6 apg with 12 points and 10 assists vs the Cats.

Is that SLU’s PG? Have seen him play a couple of times. Damn good player.

1 Like

GAMES OF INTEREST, JAN 28th
(Updated 10:06 PM)

:basketball: WKU 63
:basketball: #21 FAU 70

:basketball: Middle Tennessee 74
:basketball: FIU 82

:basketball: UTEP 42
:basketball: North Texas 52

:basketball: UAB 70
:basketball: Rice 52

:basketball: LA Tech 66
:basketball: UTSA 55

Arkansas State 51
:basketball: App State 63

Colorado State 59
:basketball: Boise State 80

:basketball: Monmouth 79
NC A&T 64

Winthrop 76
:basketball: Presbyterian 58

Duquesne 79
:basketball: UMass 87

:basketball: Coppin State 75
:basketball: UMES 94

1 Like

As of now, this is a one bid league. We are gonna have to beat 21-1 to go any farther

1 Like

How about just being able to win on the road against bad teams? Sad yo say since Ron has been here we cant beat hardly anyone on the road. No grit.

1 Like

Hey! Beating the dead horse, well that’s my job:).

The team held my interest for a while because we were beating teams that were supposed to beat. I lasted a month longer than I have in previous years posting this but the next game we play that matters will be in Frisco, TX

The main reason I let myself get excited is we were actually beating bad teams by fairly large margins. Felt different than previous years, but it was obviously short lived.

This year is the most we can hope for out of Ron.

GAMES OF INTEREST - JAN 29th
(Posted 7:25 PM)

:basketball: Detroit Mercy 63
Youngstown State 73

Memphis 80
:basketball: Tulsa 68

With all the losses within the Top 25 since last Monday, expect #21 FAU to move up in the rankings tomorrow. But before we get the Owls on Saturday, they have to play UAB on Thursday in Birmingham. Outcome of that game is going to depend a lot upon whether or not Jelly Walker (23.8 ppg, 4.3 apg) is available for the Blazers, though UAB did beat Rice easily yesterday in Houston without their star player.

1 Like

Detroit Mercy is 8-15 and 4-8 in their conference. I know basketball is about matchups, but it seems like most teams matchup well with them. Why didn’t we? Heck, even at home we had to go to OT to win.

This seems to say something more about our defense than anything else.

THIS.

We really are an extraordinarily average team. That’s why it drove me so nuts when everyone was praising Sanchez and our early season record. Our Non Conference SOS is 333 (out of 363). Why were we so excited to be beating scrubs!?!?

Even still…people are saying we still have a chance at another 17 or 18 win season. Does that really mean anything if most of those wins are hollow and we STILL can’t finish any better than mid-pack in lowly CUSA!?!

If this is the case…Sanchez has NO incentive to change a thing.

Schedule middle school teams next year for our non-conference and go undefeated so he can pad his record even more and get praise for being the first Charlotte coach with an undefeated non-conference slate. Finish bottom half of the AAC. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

SMH

UDM definitely a head scratcher. I did have us splitting with them but didn’t expect the beat down we received in Motor City. Thought Liddell could be a game changer for them in conference play after he became eligible and a surprise double double contributor but that hasn’t happened. Seem to be more focused on the younger Davis catching Maravich, which looks improbable now unless the former starts putting up the latter’s LSU numbers from here on out.

1 Like

Such a great team we had in 1997!

2 Likes

We went 2-5 in January

Russian Reaction GIF

3 Likes

Dammit Sanchez :poop::toilet:. Don’t make Mike Hill Healy you.

For Sale Wind GIF by 13 Minutes

1 Like

Was at that game!

2 Likes