2022-23 Niner Basketball 🏀

2 Likes

I hate to say it, but with all the huge football hype and a great baseball season about to get underway, I’m kinda over basketball :pensive:

1 Like

clt says let’s be creative with the clock if needed this week, Judy is out with her little Jeep and doesn’t care

Wonder if Matt will bring that up tonight with Coach at Cabarrus Brewing. :thinking:

Yup my excitement with basketball is quickly fading. I have to go to Dallas for work in a few weeks and was going to go early and catch the NT game, but not gonna mess with that now.

Good to see Musa practicing and looks like we have a couple new walk ons.

clt says Thursday is a MUST WIn to build momentum for the fau game Saturday.

Students should be ready for a ranked team in haltron

4 Likes

Players in the practice photos:

#22 Aldrich
#11 Berry
No# Larson
#10 Graves
#21 Jallow
No# Rolf + #24 Milicic
#1 Gipson
#12 Threadgill

Run,

Are you sure the no# are Larson and Rolf?

For Larson, he was in a pic with different shoes and a Knee brace. My first instinct was Larson for that one though.

For the Rolf no # jersey, he would be my guess also. However, did he get a haircut? I also thought he looked a little bigger than Rolf.

It really does not matter, but been curious if any additional practice players were added with injuries to Fearne, Braswell and now Folkes. Also, did not know if Jallow was practicing.

Positive for Larson; 99% on Rolf per shorter hair in HS photos. Not sure who our practice players are.

1 Like

GAMES OF INTEREST - JAN 30th
(Posted 10:05 PM)

Delaware State 71
:basketball: Coppin State 66

:basketball: UMES 72
Morgan State 58

I’ve stayed silent way too long on this forum and it’s time to speak up. most of you guys chap my a… ! You’re comparing us toFAU who’s caught lightning in a bottle. Looking at their winning margins in conference And OOC opponents they manhandled, I’m not impressed. In fact they’re only good win was a two pointer at Fla. Go look at Fla)‘s results. They lost to West Virginia by almost 30. They’ve had many close games in conference and when (not if) their bubble burst I won’t be surprised.
Our last year‘s team lost many games by large margins where outcomes were decided early. Too many chiefs, bad chemistry, locker room, who knows why last year Was really bad. I’ve played high school, college, and watched thousands of games in my 73 years and in my opinion this year’s team has been very competitive and 1,2,or3 Possessions in all our losses could well have been wins so I definitely see progress. In fact the FAU story could have been us with a few more breaks. (Boise State is knocking on a top 25 ranking) TR Leader, Meanjoegreen, and others give it a rest. I’m sure the team reads these post and you guys are not helping. If I was a player I’d be a little upset. They chose and represent all of us and I like to think we are all one big family.Mike doesn’t need your help in coaching hires so let professionals make the decisions and you amateurs stay the hell out. these great bunch of kids deserve our support.
PS and if any of you want to argue coaching, I’ll be glad to respond. Niners forever!!!

5 Likes

You know who is gonna now search for chapped Ass gifs

4-6 in CUSA sucks. If it continues this way, Sanchez needs to be let go. Otherwise next year is another wasted year as I have no faith in Sanchez.

If we are demoralizing them more than losing is, that’s the problem.

It’s year 5. We still aren’t good. Undeniable fact. If Ron and the players don’t want to read criticism, then win. But they won’t, because they can’t. Ron is too stubborn to accept that his version of the pack line doesn’t work. He either can’t recruit well enough
for it or he can’t coach it well enough for it to be effective.

2 Likes

There are plenty of us who are ready for a coaching change and still support the players. I think they deserve better results & to have a better experience playing basketball at Charlotte. Losing is not what they deserve. If we accept this mediocrity then that is what we are. I’m sick of hearing young fans say that Sanchez is fine for us because we aren’t a great program. We aren’t a great program because of the coaches we have hired over the last 12 years. The first 2 are no longer coaching & have very similar records to the current coach.

1 Like

Pretty easy - stop losing in a less than stellar league and everyone will shut up. A losing conference record after the month of January is not a recipe for success. I get what you are saying about close losses, but that just highlights the short comings of the staff. We know we can beat every team in this league. We have the talent, and the team is playing as one, no head cases, no locker room issues, no pandemic - but yet we can’t get over the hump. If this was year 2 maybe I understand but in year 5 or 4 if you remove covid - this shouldn’t be the issue.

As far as support goes - I have missed 1 home game all season. This team has been fun to watch, just wish we would let them play ball a bit more. I think we probably would win more. I also have a hard and fast rule about not going after players. They are kids. Coaches are employees and are fair game.

2 Likes
If you were a player would you be upset by what was said on NNN or understand it’s part of college basketball and the higher expectations
  • I’d be upset by what was said about me on NNN
  • I’d understand it comes with the territory of college basketball and the higher expectations

0 voters

1 Like

Agree. Remove Ron from the equation and we instantly become a better team.

I’ll be happy to discuss/argue X’s and O’s Of hoops anytime you want

1 Like

Remove Ron and finally get us a winner to recruit coach win