2022-23 Niner Basketball šŸ€

Those upsets drive interest in the tournament. Iā€™m not sure broadcast partners would sign off on basically removing the cinderellas

5 Likes

kXn9fZsV

4 Likes

Just think how many he may have if our offense featured him :flushed:

3 Likes

Please donā€™t act like the coaching staff is not ā€œfeaturingā€ Brice, because that is pure bull. The only person holding Brice back at times is Brice. He will even tell you he is not assertive enough. Coach wants him to shoot open shots and create his own shot. We have seen him do it in spurts (back to back 30+ point games and Saturday).
He is a great player, great talent and a really good young man. He has been through a lot in the last 4 years personally. He is figuring it out and I know he will continue to do great things and lead this team.

6 Likes

I am a fan of Brice Williams, as I was of his father before him.

12 Likes
1 Like

GAMES OF INTEREST - FEB 27th
(Posted 10:27 PM)

:basketball: Coppin State 82
Delaware State 72

Morgan State 68
:basketball: UMES 61

1 Like

Damn Ron, relax !
That was more tongue in cheekā€¦not an indirectement on your coaching style :flushed:

1 Like

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

This is the ONLY reason I want this team to be successful. Brice could have gone elsewhere but came here to build on his dadā€™s legacy. He deserves success. At the very least he deserves a coach to put him in a position to be successfulā€¦and I question that ALOT with Sanchez.

Regardlessā€¦if we win out and that keeps sorry ass Sanchez hereā€¦I can live with that because Brice deserves to be a part of a winner here. And I hope if we DO make a runā€¦itā€™s because Brice plays FU ball and carries us there like his dad would do.

3 Likes

I think all of the Oldtimers are really pulling for Brice.
Gotta be hard to see your dadā€™s jersey hanging from the rafters at
such a young age.
Motivates you some days and other days you just say Fā€“K it all.

I donā€™t really see Ron holding Brice back. What I have seen is Brice not being aggressive enough. The biggest roadblock is Brice realizing he can take over a game and he is likely the best offensive player on the floor most nights.

4 Likes

Ron has said multiple times in postgame they donā€™t run set plays for Brice. Not doing that is not putting him in the best position to succeed. We seem to run very few set plays in fact, which is really curious if you are going to grind down the offensive clock so much. From my eyes we look like our offense is more about swing passes and spacing. We donā€™t run lots of good screens and we almost never execute double screens. All very curious for the type of ball we supposedly play.

We can be effective at feeding the post but it seems to be streaky, probably because we donā€™t have a lot of misdirection and variety in our offense. All of these things would put brice in a better position. Oh, and offensive rebounds which we obviously deprioritize at best or flat out tell them to abandon at worst.

1 Like

We have run more set plays for Brice over the past 3-4 weeks than ever. Ron is probably making the comments in post games, but especially on inbounds or after a time out it is usually a set play for Brice.

You can see teammates talking to Brice often about being in the wrong spot on the offensive end of the court. I have seen all the guards and JT talking to him during dead time about where they expect him.

2 Likes

Not to be a stickler but every play we run is set. We donā€™t do much free lancing. At least not enough for my taste

1 Like

The announcement about the groundbreaking at Davidson for their new football stadium got me to thinking - what gives with our pep band playing ā€œSweet Carolineā€ at the past couple of games in Halton? Have associated that with Davidson for years. In fact, on their radio broadcasts, the under 8 TO in the second half is referred to as the Sweet Caroline timeout!

1 Like

You know there are tons of teams that play that at games, right?

1 Like

Yep, but not us. BTW, see that Neil Diamond earns around $500,000 a year from the song.

Apparently weā€™re joining the crowd.

Iā€™d rather hear ā€œCall me Alā€

Yeah our entire offense is a set play and motion and spacing. Itā€™s up to the players to know what to do. Not saying I like that or agree with it. Ron talks often about Brice getting his points in the system - something heā€™s done on multiple occasions when he is aggressive.

I donā€™t think the issue is the style of offense. I think itā€™s the application. He drills in the good shot mentality so much that kids are afraid to shoot early on when they have a good look. I think thatā€™s why Brice struggles with being aggressive. Just my 02

I do wish we had a few got to plays so when we hit the drought or need a bucket we have something to go to. We never seem to come out of the set offense or defense for that matter. Itā€™s why we are easy to scout.

1 Like