2022-23 Niner Basketball πŸ€

Says it will be announced on Twitter on March 12th

Yep but no time given. Been checking their Twitter off and on since NCAAT selection show ended.

1 Like

NIT is being announced at 10PM. Probably will be announced shortly afterwards. Just a guess as I have no idea how this works.

As far as is Charlotte beneath the CBI tournament. 10 years ago, I would have said yes. However, we have regressed to where any post season tournament is worth it. The players deserve a chance if they are invited.

2 Likes

BTW, see that UofL has landed a commitment from 2023 top 40 7-1 C Dennis Evans. Don’t know if that will have any affect on Withers but guess there are players out there sold on the Cardinals.

clt is fine with the cbi, more time to preach our pillars

2 Likes

Probably get a matchup with Eastern Kentucky and Robb lights us up!

1 Like

Playing WCU

1 Like
1 Like

So what does Mike do if WCU beats us?

I know my daughter (WCU '17) will kid me about it if that happens.

Hopefully resign.

2 Likes

No MTSU?

Is there any site that posts future non-league basketball schedules like football does? Who do we play non-conference in basketball next year?

1 Like

Basketball schedules are made each year. We know some games that are a part of a multi year series such as Davidson or probably App. The basketball staff will start working out schedules after the season is over. There is actually a site where coaches put in what kind of team they are looking for and if it’s home or away or if it’s a buy game or what date.

I know there are been some G5 programs that have been trying their best to get P5 programs but they don’t have any takers. Hopefully we schedule more regional teams that are decent than some of the games we saw this year.

North Texas one of those G5 that can’t get any P6 in OOC. One of the factors in the Mean Green not getting serious consideration for the NCAAT.

It’s like politicians not crossing party lines to vote. If all the P6 stand together, then when selection time comes around, they can all point to the SOS and use that to eliminate deserving G5 teams.

1 Like

20 wins.*

Fire Hill? Come on , we think that he just made a great football hire. Did anyone really think that Sanchez and Healey would be fired in the same year? Healey had to go first. The basketball team is better equipped to compete in AAC the first year than Healey. If I am Hill, I think I made a good football hire. I want to see how that plays out this fall. If all goes well with that hire, then Hill can reevaluate Sanchez next year at this time. Someone help me out. Has Healey got a job or a job prospect yet? Once Healey gets a job then Hill
May be more open to firing Sanchez. That is being conservative and cautious. Others may do the same. If next fall goes well, Healey gets a job, and Sanchez makes no improvement by this time next year then I am thinking that next year may be the time to fire Sanchez.

1 Like

Healy is on the UCF football staff.

For those of us that like to think positive thoughts about the future vs just hate, we do have the possible potential to return a core of 6 starters for the next two years.

As we’ve all seen, experience matters a lot. It’s up to the staff to bring in a couple more key pieces and we might actually get back to where we want to be.

No guarantees, but still a potential possibility.

Go Niners!

5 Likes