2022-23 Niner Basketball šŸ€

brings your fandom into question.
Posting on a basketball thread about not wanting Ron fired, Hill fired or Healy being fired is not being a fan
I can go on but tired of the same stuff over and over

Does NOT bring anyoneā€™s fandom into question. Geez! :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I see a 7ā€™1" transfer in the portal from Virginia !
Igorā€™s ex- teammate and a graduate of the NBA academy in Australiaā€¦Aly and Fearne connection ā€¦interesting?

3 Likes

Just my opinion but I donā€™t foresee Igor convincing his pals to come to Charlotte

Speaking of pals, been wondering if Withers and Nickelberry will try to reconnect. Seeing both in Niner green would be a dream come true but in seeing their respective suitors gotta feeling both are landing in the P6 world.

8 Likes

P6? Isnā€™t that where we will be next season?

1 Like

No, we wonā€™t. P6 in hoops refers to the so-called Power 5 schools + Big East.

After next year, maybe 2, it will be called P7. Or, the American will leap frog the Big East. American basketball and football is on the rise. Excited for the future.

1 Like

No, it wonā€™t. No matter how much a certain conference commissioner uses the term, which lately isnā€™t much.

1 Like

Iā€™m more worried about Ron fixing his part of the deal. Keeping the talent is important for sure as Our talent proved it was capable of winning more than we did. The question is did Ron learn enough to make year 6 not look like years 1-5 with some of the same issues we have consistently seen. I want the talent to stay mostly so Ron doesnā€™t have any excuses - itā€™s beyond time to win or GTFO.

Also Iā€™m not sure I can take your critique of Niner basketball our history and status when you donā€™t know the name of the main deck basketball fans use.

1 Like

I donate and use the reserved deck besude Halton and tailgate in the gold lot, so no I donā€™t know the names of parking decks that didnā€™t exist when I was in school out there

1 Like

Speaking of such, how is construction on the student tailgate lot going? We park in the lot right beside of it. Was supposed to be done last year I think

1 Like

When I drove past there for the baseball game against the holes, it looked like it still has a way to go. But have no clue how much foundation work goes into it or how much is just window dressing.

LoL deck wasnā€™t there when I was in school and I park in those same lots and yet I sure know all of those names. Just odd to be such a fan and not know some pretty basic stuff man.

As for the student tailgate I know they ran into permitting issues. I assume that all got worked out. Imagine, government dragging ass in permitsā€¦.

Well, I really struggled to give someone the name of the entrance road to campus off Tryon Street, so I guess I must suck as a fan! :grin:

Lol thatā€™s easy turn at main entrance :rofl:

1 Like

I follow the teams, not the parking decks and buildings. Both my daughters went there and I couldnā€™t even tell you the names of the new apartment dorms they lived in while they were on campus.

I can easily take you to the football stadium, baseball, softball, soccer stadiums and of course Halton, oh and the Orange deck. Kidding aside, I know most of the buildings on campus, more from what departments are where, just not what the parking decks are called.

1 Like

The really cool thing ive noticed with FAUā€™s runā€¦at least the sweet 16 game and now this elite 8 game - they are still playing aggressively while up late in the game. They are shooting 3s with 15 seconds left on the shot clock, up 3 or 4 points with just a few minutes to go. They play in the flow of the game rather than trying to extend the shot clock to the last few seconds.

4 Likes

They push and attack and put pressure on the defenseā€¦they look for transition opportunities too.

If we could figure out a way to use our philosophy of defense and combine that with an attacking pressure on offenseā€¦we could put pressure on teams on both ends of the court.

3 Likes