2022 49er Football Season 🏈

Won’t post it all, but here is a tidbit.

“It’s been amazing. Personally, I feel free,” safety Solomon Rogers said about the new defensive staff. “We’re playing football. It’s not rocket science. It’s a game that we played at a young age that we just loved to do, and now we’ve got people around us that are allowing us to feel like kids again.”

Healy stated that the group is “getting its swagger back,” and there’s been evidence of that at the start of fall camp with plenty of new and returning playmakers finding their rhythm. Brown has implemented a completely new scheme, consisting of multiple fronts and presnap movements, much to the players’ liking.

6 Likes

Man, if we have a defense this could be a fun season!

4 Likes

I always wonder why we bring in the winter sports coaches to this event. Wouldn’t it make more sense to bring out the other fall coaches, like our men’s soccer coach, who leads the most successful program on campus?

6 Likes

Def soccer - basketball makes sense as it starts in the fall, but why not add in some of the other coaches?

1 Like

We gave up an average of 34 points/game last year. Just think if we can trim a TD off of that this year? If so, we will be in business. I know our offense should be able to put up some points.

6 Likes

Anything to take the pressure of the offense. None of us needed a reporter to tell us that Reynolds and company felt like they had to score every single possession. You could see how hard they were pressing.

Even an average defense could mean big things for this season.

4 Likes

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2022/08/05/unc-charlotte-49ers-college-football-sports.html

“We’re at almost 100% of our sales from a year ago already, which is a really good sign,” said Charlotte 49ers Athletic Director Mike Hill. “ … I think from a business perspective, right now, we’re very, very excited.”

6 Likes

Plus, having more games on Saturday will help with attendance.

2 Likes

“here’s the current group of starters up front: left tackle Jaxon Hughes, left guard Panda Askew, center Ashton Gist, right guard Jon Jacobs, right tackle TJ Moore.”

That OL would have been a strength if Meech had stayed here. Big, veteran group.

1 Like

I hope that we see some of the 1st and 2nd year guys starting to take a step up so we do not have the drop off in the future.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/BigGameBoomer/status/1555254141416624128

I posted it for our mention, but lmfao at Vandy. :rofl:

2 Likes

I do too. For some of our kids this is their first non covid impacted spring and summer practice. Hopefully that pays some dividends.

Yeah. WFNZ guys speculating this morning about our possibly upsetting muraland.

2 Likes

I’d prefer they didnt. Hyping us up before the game never seems to work out. Only seems to make the opponent take us more seriously.

1 Like

We are better than 104th or maybe Healy isn’t the answer.

I believe in the former.

1 Like

Gotta take these things lightly. New defense will determine if we are better or not. These ratings look at last year performance so can’t fault the placement, but if we can’t do better than this then its time to move on from Will.

Not really hyping. Just light speculation.