2022 49er Football Season 🏈

Not that I can find. I think they said in one of the interviews yesterday that they will scrimmage at 7:00 on Saturday. Not sure if it is open or not.

1 Like

Sounds like Episode 3 of the Podcast will be defense and I assume they will talk with him next week.

It’s fairly quiet here, but this FAU game and this season are so huge for this program. This is Healy’s make or break and our chance to build some momentum heading into AAC play.

The impact of something like an 8-4 season on the program would be pretty noticable and propel us forward the way we need to be. The pessimist side of me predicted a 5-7 record against a tough schedule, but the optimist side of me knows we really need a breakthrough season and wants to #believe.

6 Likes
1 Like

Healy told me in person Wednesday night that the last “real scrimmage” was this Saturday night at 7:00pm and is open to the public.

3 Likes

Those scrimmages are fun if you can attend.

It sucks to start the season with such a tough pivotal game in the Boca heat. The optimist in me says but that means they have no film on the new D. Really have to come out strong and set the tone. The path a W or L provides for the season is noticeable.

2 Likes

Last time we beat FAU was in Boca with the long kick by Cruz. Hopefully our boys are feeling some payback this season.

2 Likes

Yeah they embarrassed us last season.

comedy central blake henderson GIF by Workaholics

I think the first game of the year is a great time to play them

1 Like

If it wasn’t having to play in Boca in august I might agree with ya Hootie.

The Roost podcast was a solid listen. Biggest takeaway is that Marcus Robitaille went down in practice the other day, and that isn’t a very deep position. Hunter didn’t know how bad the injury was, but it’s something to keep an eye on.

He also said that the Rutgers transfer OT Matt Rosso is playing pretty well and looks like a viable backup - one of the few experienced ones we have at OL.

Broken record, but our season is going to depend on 1) staying healthy, and 2) line play. If we can stop getting gouged in the run game, and give Reynolds time to make plays, we will be okay.

The FAU game will tell us whether we have a legitimate shot to be the third best team in the conference or if we’ll be battling to get in a bowl. It’s that big of a swing.

3 Likes

FAU has added a ton of P5 transfers (10 to be exact) and two G5 guys who started at previous schools and they did not take hits to starters in the portal. The QB has also been there full season. Their new OC cam from MTSU and they had no issues scoring.

2 Likes

College Sports Sport GIF by FAU Athletics

FAU finished last season 5-7 missing a bowl game, Willie Taggert isn’t an amazing coach (66-73 as a head coach), Charlotte has historically played well in Boca Raton (wins in 2016 & 2018; blown lead in 2020). FAU may beat our butts this season but they aren’t an unstoppable juggernaut. I think we can win if some things break our way.

4 Likes

I like getting FAU on opening night. Upsets are always easier early in the season.

I like it. The team will go in hyped and as healthy as they will likely be all season.

We either get it done or not but seems like a good time to me.

2 Likes

Send your questions in to Hunter.

Bump. I dont think anyone has sent a question in to Hunter yet.