2022 Baseball Week 5- vs Presbyterian; WKU (CUSA-TV/ ESPN+)

Some stats and observations as we head into league play.

2 Likes

clt doesnt like the forecast for tonite

Animated GIF

Thanks

I live uptown and wanted to go to all the games at Truist field but somehow missed that this game was tonight. Recent change in schedule??

https://wkusports.com/news/2022/3/17/baseball-hilltoppers-to-open-conference-play-at-charlotte.aspx

They moved the App game last Friday to campus due to bad weather. Then the Knights allowed us to make it up by playing Uptown vs WKU tonight. Tickets from the App game are good for tonight.

1 Like

Hard to believe that we have drawn 50 more walks than we had last year at this time already. 67 vs 117. That leads to scoring 1.33 more runs per game than last year’s team.

We have also reduced the amount of free passes we allow by 30. (98 vs 68). You can tell it was a point of emphasis.

2 Likes

Peyton Meyer Trip GIF by ABC Network

Starting to think Mother Nature doesn’t want us playing uptown.

Thinking this game gets played before and maybe some outs after the rain. I feel sure that the field drains well.

Edit: seeing that rain has started before the game gets underway.

Rain is over. Should get it played. Probably won’t be much of a crowd, though.

Ugg…not in the lineup.

Is this game being played or not? Status? Score? Inning? ESPN app has nothing on it.

2-1 Niners in the 4th…leaving too many on…bases loaded in the 2nd, man on 3rd in the 4th.

It’s turned into a nice evening. Hate y’all missed it.

Well, as much as you are on camera everyone feels like they are right there with you :rofl:

2 Likes

knight getting beaned in 10% of his AB seem a bit much. I guess walks aren’t included in my % but still.

Pitching and Bats drying up right now…need to get it together asap…bases loaed, no outs for WK in the 6th…uggg…down 5-3 headed to the 7th. …no one stepping up at the plate…on our 5th pitcher now…6th pitcher now on the mound in the 8th…against a freakin 8-8 WK team…not a good start to the weekend or the conference season.

Hate to say it, but the team studs have crapped the bed so far tonight. Down 6-3 in the 7th, Hopsen and Furman draw walks, and then Knight, Fisher and Madole all go down with a wimper…that was pathetic.