2022 Baseball Week 6- vs Campbell, Davidson, At ODU (CUSA-TV)

Really good all around game tonight by the guys, but AK…0-6, wth? Never thought I’d see that.

Yeah, Knight is really in a slump. 4K’s included in that 0 for 6. Happens to the best of them and can really get in their heads.

12-4 good guys! That is taking care of business. Solid pitching also.

If we can get 2 out of 3 this weekend, our RPI should see a nice bump.

4 Likes

We have a tough challenge this weekend against ODU. They are ranked 18th and have a 17-2 record and we are playing them in Norfolk. Crossing my fingers that David McCabe gets healthy and plays. Other bats seem to be coming around and Furman has been amazing so far.

2 Likes

Great all around effort last night. Pitching only allowed 3 hits. Sims walked a few, but glad to see him work through it. He only allowed 2 ER. Good to see Casciola pitch solid in his longest outing of the year, and coming in with bases loaded. Then Martinez struck out 3 of the 5 batters he faced.

Glad to see McCabe back. Nice to stick his bat in the middle of the lineup. Hope he is OK. Looked a little rusty in the field, but not at the plate!!

Madole moved out to LF, with McCabe back. Looks like Blake Jackson might be out after getting hit in the hand on Sunday at the plate.

Overall great night of baseball in Kannapolis. 1686 in attendance on a Tuesday night.

I’m not sure who we will throw if we play tonight. I thought Martinez would go, but he pitched last night.

4 Likes

schedule says postponed? I’m guessing they’re not going to try and get this one in.

Good find, austin. Sure hope so. We need arms for ODU more than we need a game vs Davidson.

EDIT: postponement just announced via Twitter.

2 Likes

I am thinking the Niners already knew the game was going to be postponed yesterday and why Martinez pitched.

1 Like

We’re on the same page. :sunglasses:

Was looking forward to watching the game, but would prefer we are as close to full strength as we can be this weekend - BIG series. Would be awesome if we could get 2 out of 3.

3 Likes

Why would ODU be ranked 18th?. Their RPI is not good since they’ve played almost all really bad teams and their games have been in Norfolk. We’ll see, I guess. I’m optimistic we will do well against them.

Potential I guess. Doesn’t mean much yet. The 18th ranking came from their website and was a Collegiate Baseball’s NCAA Division I baseball poll. Other polls do not have them listed in their top 25. I think USA Today has them as ORV’s and 29th. Regardless, they will be a tough match-up and I hope we are at full strength (McCabe).

Looks like our rotation for the weekend will be Giesting, Lancaster, TBD. Happy to see Lancaster in there after leaving early last Saturday with injury.

Hansen would be in line for Sunday, unless we wanted to use him again earlier in the weekend.

3 Likes

Cam Fisher and Associate HC Toby Bicknell came on the show last night.

3 Likes

No one at D1 is picking us this weekend.:writing_hand:

3 Likes

So you’re saying there’s a chance?