2022 Baseball Week 6- vs Campbell, Davidson, At ODU (CUSA-TV)

McCabe to start today. And boom 1-0 Niners.

3 Likes

Why doesn’t the espn app have our score in their long list of ncaa baseball scores? This isn’t the first time they’ve left our games off. Isn’t odu ranked?

Excellent baseball facility there in Norfolk. Those bleachers look oh so comfy.

1 Like

5-0, good start. Too bad we couldn’t get 1 more. I wanted McCabe up there with bases loaded.

5 runs scored by the Niners in the 1st. Gertner gave up 5 runs in the first 2 innings in his first start against the Niners last year. The Niners held on in that game for the 5-4 win. He did pitch much better in his 2nd start.

Let’s keep the bats going! If I remember correctly, the wind is usually blowing out at ODU. Should see some more HRs.

The smell of sewage is a nice perk, too.

2 Likes

Announcer came to the park directly from a strip club, apparently. Keeps calling our pitcher g-string.
…and he just called us the Knights. We’ll see if calls ODU the Tide later on.

Edit: someone must have clued that dude about the fifth inning since he stopped saying g-string.

2 Likes

Damn, 4 homers for the bad guys

Solo shots not gonna hurt anybody

McCabe out again with tiger woods syndrome?

McCabe is being managed i think…he started the game and had a HR and a walk.

1 Like

Wilson doing great job in relief

Yup I’m just disappointed he’s not playing the whole game.

Niners with a big win at #18 ODU, 11-4 ! Great pitching by Giesting and Wison.

5 Likes

NICE win!

2 Likes

What is with the flashing yellow light outside the stadium? That would have to be annoying for pitchers and infielders. Looks like the could hide it some way.

Also not a good look when the staff is taking our the garbage and cleaning up the stands before the game is over.

Great win!

1 Like

HUGE W!!! Only used two pitchers. Let’s go get the series!

7 Likes

Great win! I checked Warren Nolan earlier this evening. They have the Niners finishing with a RPI of 35 and a record of 42-13 and 24-6 in the conference. For the ODU series, they had us winning only 1 out of 3.

One of the biggest changes to our roster this year, is the number of Left handed pitchers. Only had 3 last year. This should help us all season long. I do think it was one of the reasons we won tonight.

Wilson looked like Nolan Ryan tonight. He was gooooood.

3 Likes

His confidence has been growing every time out. We need him.

1 Like