2022 Baseball Week 8 - at Winthrop (ESPN+), Host Southern Miss (ESPN+)

Absolutely true-----still don’t like to see them playing like the have lately.

1 Like

Those are some outstanding ERA for Southern Miss. Bruce is an interesting choice.

1 Like

Wow…thats interesting.

Their SO to BB ratio isn’t too bad. :joy: That one dude avg less than 1 BB per 10 innings pitched. Isn’t that ridiculous for a pitcher?

Our strength is scoring runs and their strength is preventing them.

1 Like

Lose to So. Miss. 2-1. However, we out hit them 8-2

We are finding new ways to lose. Have a guy thrown out at the plate, and meanwhile after a 2nd straight walk to start an inning, the runner goes from first to third. On a WALK. Then scores what turns out to be the winning run because we weren’t paying attention. I swear, we must be fuc@#ng cursed.

I would like to know how many of our 12 losses are extra inning losses or walk-off losses or 1-run losses. We make TERRIBLE luck for ourselves.

At large may be disappearing, but at least there’s two more games this weekend. Just don’t think we’ll see a pitching performance like we did again this weekend unless it’s the other team :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah, this team is getting very close to blowing this season, atleast in terms of being an at large lock. We already have almost as many conference losses as we did all season last year. AK looks like a shell of his former self…wth?

1 Like

Disappointing to me is that there were fewer students at the end of the game than there were for Chapel Hill softball. 1) Southern Miss baseball is better than Chapel Hill softball 2) conference game vs. non conference game. Appreciate the ones who were there.

I liked using Colby Bruce as an opener, then going to Goose. That worked out really well. Both pitched great tonight.

Their guy threw well too. Might be one if the best on our conference.

Great pitchers dual, we just couldn’t string enough together.

Aaron Fitt from D1 Baseball was there tonight.

1 Like

I really hoped we would have been pushing close to a sellout tonight. Huge conference game vs the #18 team in the country.
:man_shrugging:t3:

Not so sure our guy was out at the plate. Looked like he got his hand on plate at the same time he was being tagged. Catcher was blocking the plate well before the ball got there.

Also noticed the ump who made the call was in looking at the replay. I thought the other umps were supposed to do that and the ump who made the call was to remain on the field. Dude was not in a great position owing to the fact that the tag was on the third base side and he was on the first base side.

Good possibility that their second run would have scored without the extra base. Could have been consecutive sacrifice flys.

1 Like

clt is getting close to hitting the panic button. need to win today and tomorrow.

1 Like

Down 4-0…the terrible slump continues. 4 doubles in a row in the 5th…meanwhile, Charlotte with 0 hits…bye, bye at large bid.

2 Likes

Lose to So. Miss 8-2. With the exception of Furman, top part of lineup disappeared. Team just doesn’t have anything going at the time being.

Panic Button Netflix GIF by NailedIt