2022 Baseball Week 8 - at Winthrop (ESPN+), Host Southern Miss (ESPN+)

We knew Southern Miss pitching was good and they have been really good the past 2 days. We matched them on the mound Friday night, and the first part of yesterdays game, but they were able to get to us yesterday. We were finally able to get to their starter and score some runs but it was too late.

I hope Madole is Ok. He made a phenomenal play at 1st but had a very awkward stretch to stay on the bag. He left the game after that half inning. We obviously can’t afford to lose any more bats in the line-up.

2 Likes

All true, but if we are to accomplish what we expected this season we need to get back on track immediately…it needs to start with AK and also McCabes bats.

Niners tie it up with 2 in the 3rd. Come on boys, we need this one.

1 Like

Which is amazing since we haven’t had a hit through 5 innings, 0-16

Give up 2 runs, with 2 outs in the 6th…down 4-2…2 run homer for Hopson in the 7th…4-4 now.

Going into the 12th our first 4 batters are 0 for 19. Pathetic. Team is 2 for 35 at bats.

Got a run across in the 12th and close to a walkoff rbi from Fisher…but no…5-5 headed to the 13th.

Lost in 13th inning 6-5. Had a great chance to win in the 12 but again top of the lineup couldn’t come through with bases loaded

Lose 6-5 in 13. Swept 0-3 on the weekend. 2 close games, but the losses count the same. If this team wants to do ANYTHING this season, they are almost past due to show it. Our “big boys” ( AK, WB and DM) not showing up. If that continues, so will the losses. We have as many conference losses now as we did all of last season (with more than half left to play) including the last 7 straight. Barring a huge run, i think our at large chance is almost gone and this has happened in less than 2 weeks.

7 games in a row. now 17-14. Hard to believe that just two weeks ago we were 17-7 and about to get ranked. Of our 14 losses, HALF are by one run or in extra innings.
We have no extra inning wins.
We only have two one-run wins.

We’re close, but we’re not there. Good teams find ways to win close games, and at least, right now, we’re not a good team. Running out of time on the season. Very frustrating to see us blow all these close ones. Makes it hard to watch now.

1 Like

Exactly…17-14 record seems WAY worse than where this team should be. Feels like we have destroyed/wasted this season over less than 2 weeks.

Just got home from the Hayes. Just a few thoughts on my ride home.

The good news: that’s arguably the best we’ve pitched on a weekend this year as a whole. Especially Friday & Sunday. Saturday wasn’t bad but we had a bad inning or 2 in the middle innings.

The bad news: they pitched better. We matched them all weekend with the exception of the middle innings on Saturday. The arms they have are impressive and I had a front row look all weekend. That’s a good team.

We have a few guys slumping, but facing the guys we did this weekend didn’t exactly help them get right.

I think we’ve worked out a few of our issues, and the schedule eases up a little bit coming up.

Thanks. Blocked the plate early as well.

Missing Bo ???

1 Like

Good question. Here’s a look at the numbers.

We are scoring more Runs, hitting more HR, Walking almost twice as much, have higher OBP and OPS this year compared to last year.

Panic Omg GIF

https://twitter.com/CLTBaseballData/status/1513604689711054855

1 Like