2022 College Football 🏈

Odds and ends:

Auburn is the most looney fanbase in college football they literally have want to fire their coach every season.

5 Likes

And there you have it! The best players money can buy. Don’t you just love amateur college sports?

UPDATE: Matt Brown said: This original tweet from a Perfect Union was super misleading. This is NOT a union drive, the CFPA is NOT a union, and they are NOT in negotiation with the Big Ten. That’s a huge exaggeration. This is much closer to the conversations the APU groups had with conference leaders ahead of the COVID season than anything resembling collective bargaining.

I interviewed the head of the CFPA a few weeks ago. This might clear things up a little:

https://www.extrapointsmb.com/heres-what…look-like/

It’s a big deal, but it’s not nearly as big a deal as it was originally made out to be.

Sponsor volatility for one of the original BCS bowls (it was even the host of the 1999 national championship game that the Vols won), is somewhat concerning.

So Tar Hole and former commish of the ACC John Swofford negotiated a media deal that runs to 2036 and is poor in comparison with other “P5” leagues. So, he started the raiding wars by poaching Miami, Syracuse, etc and now puts his league at a disadvantage on his way out the door. WHAT A GUY.

Edit to add: fuck the ACC.

1 Like

Guess we aren’t the only ones that get routinely screwed. I will have to remember that when we open at FAU this year.

1 Like

Well, at least one Notre Dame fan not happy with the vid I posted directly above: :point_up_2:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BoardGeniuses/status/1552354703559823361

1 Like

They did it right. I swear if I was going to just pick a program other than this one to follow they’d be at the top of the list. Huge fan of everything they are doing. That place is going to be a crown jewel for their program and will be absolutely electric opening night. If they don’t have a new conference to call home by that night, they will in the morning.

More beer taps and bar space than any other stadium its size? And some kickass food options?

https://twitter.com/SDSU_Alum2003/status/1552508302029754370

Approve South Park GIF

Found this interview with the ECU AD interesting. He welcomes a new in state rivalry with Charlotte and touches on replacing our non-conference football game in 2024/2025. Talks also about positioning for conference realignment and NIL collectives.

Can’t wait to start playing them. That is honestly what I look most forward to about the AAC. We need to get our shiz together before then. Don’t want to get embarassed by an in state rival.

1 Like

That is a good listen for perspective. Thanks for the link.

Was a little bit surprised to hear an AD refer to people “bitching” multiple times.

2 Likes

Gotta admire his positivity, if not agree with it.

Have to admit that I was very surprised to see Healy as the first coach quoted in the piece. Figured a P5 coach would follow the initial quote from Big Ten commish Kevin Warren.

Anyway, interesting survey with all that’s happened in the past year.

FWIW, Niners #104.