2022 Softball đŸ„Ž

Don’t know what going on with our pitchers and their hitting, Wright hit 2 homers yesterday, now Walljasper just hit her 2nd homer today. Fantastic!!

Ladies run rule FIU 10-2 in 5 innings

2 Likes

I’m still less than optimistic that this team will even make our conference tournament, but if they do, they are likely to give some other teams fits and be a tough out.

No video for today. Thanks FIU and CUSA-TV. B. Vannoy with the first inning solo shot. 1-0 us.

Wiercioch tosses no hitter and ladies win 4-0 to sweep FIU

5 Likes

Pitchers had a fine weekend. Three home runs at the plate, 2 earned runs allowed, and a no hitter.

OUR website headlines “Wright tosses no hitter over FIU” Maybe we could get OUR players names correct. I’m sure that will be corrected, but c’mon

1 Like

https://twitter.com/fr8shop/status/1521477636811329537

Screenshots_2022-05-03-11-28-50

1 Like

Ladies beat a good UNCG team 10-5. Down 0-4 in the first inning, Wright came in relief and basically shut them down. We had a great 5th and 6th inning to take the lead and win!

4 Likes

I noticed on their scoreboard that “University of North Carolina” is in huge lettters with a tiny “at Greensboro” underneath. Not a good look.

Crucial home series coming up to end the regular season. FAU is a good squad.

1 Like

Ladies lose to FAU 4-7

Ladies win over FAU 4-1 while only having 4 hits and giving up 4 hits

3 Likes

I believe this assures a berth in the conference tournament since USM lost today.

One of our hits was a dropped fly ball which should have been scored an error. Walljasper did an excellent job today and was backed up by a couple of good defensive plays.

2 Likes

Ladies win 5-4 with a 2 run walk off homer by Payton in the 8th inning!

5 Likes

Seven seed. Eight seed would be an easier path, IMO. If we should somehow get by UAB and WKU, we get the host team (NT) as a reward.
I think UTSA threw their game today to avoid 7 seed. :laughing:

Coming out about 9am today the latest from USA Today, College Softball Bracketology shows the Clemson Regional with Clemson, Georgia, Charlotte and Boston.

2 Likes

Despite only being .500 in conference, the softball niners are #32 in the RPI. The next team in the RPI is 1st place WKU at #43, then UNT at #49. It’s weird how all those teams ahead of us in the standings have much worse RPI rankings, just goes to show you how strong a schedule we’ve played. Will have to rack up some conference tourney wins to get in over those teams I would think.

5 Likes

The season that ⁊@baileyvannoy⁩ has had for ⁊@CharlotteSB
⁩ has been legendary. She has more HR’s by HERSELF than the following teams: Baylor, Maryland, UNC, UAB, FAU, FIU, MTSU, Memphis, Stanford & Tulsa

5 Likes

All America! Unh-hunh!

1 Like

Ladies score 6 unearned runs in top of 3rd. Up 6-0 on UAB

2 Likes

Ladies run rule UAB in 5 innings 8-0

7 Likes