2022 Week 10 Charlotte vs WKU 12 Noon CBSSN

The school needs to start selling official player jerseys if they can.

3 Likes

Would be funny seeing the 8 yr old jersey names reppin out there. Def buy a Johnson or Smith

Would work for basketball too. Iā€™d still wear a Withers or Plavich jersey to a game today.

Youā€™re correct. Flyovers are more or less free for universitiesā€¦Aircrew get training, and positive publicity for the Air Force. Thereā€™s actually an office in the Pentagon that corrdinates all the flyovers.

The Air National Guard at Charlotte airport flys C-17s, and most of that unit are all Charlotte grads. Iā€™m willing to bet the AFROTC detachment on campus could try and take up the cause to get them to fly over Jerry Richardson next seasonā€¦seeing as they do it for Charlotte Motor speedway, Iā€™m betting it wouldnā€™t be an issue.

1 Like

Austin FC did something unique for either their last playoff game or last regular season game - canā€™t remember which. I was outside decorating for Halloween and I saw 5 PF1 Mustangs circling overhead. They flew right over my house about 5 times as they circled, got a really good look at them. Think they were stationed in Burnet (northwest of Austin) Bet that cost a bit.

UT several years ago had some jets from the Air Force Base in San Antonio do a flyover once while I was stuck on I35 driving out of town. They circled overhead then did their flyover and returned south back to base.

I bet the second cost less than the first, if the second cost anything.

2 Likes

Donā€™t you all remember we had a flyover from a flock of Canada Geese last year?

1 Like

clt says a C17 left CLT earlier tonite

San Antonio and the USAF reminds me that my father was stationed at Lackland AFB in ā€œMilitary City USAā€ during his service in the 1950s.

That flyover of geese was awesome! Just as the National Anthem ended here they came in their signature V formation. Hate I didnā€™t see them soon enough to record it. Did anyone get a recording of it?

1 Like

Molly Cotton always has to work in her App State comments and slight Charlotte.

1 Like

Agreed on Molly. Total App homer and has to get jabs in against us.

1 Like

He gets a % of all sales.

2 Likes

Weather forecast starting to turn on us. 30% chance of showers during the game. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

NOOOOOOOO! up to 43%. Guess I need to pack a poncho.

WKUā€™s hurry up offense could be slowed down by wet conditions.

1 Like

Whatā€™s the latest on the weather tomorrow?

Chances for .02 inches from about 2pm to 2am on sunday. NWS not showing accumulation before 2pm, but scattered chances to chances of rain possible from about 9am on (20% going up to 41% by end of the game). Key: establish the run early

1 Like

Just watched the WBTVweather and it looks like weā€™re good. Maybe a sprinkle at the Rich, if that, with most rain northwest of I 77. Not a washout or constant downpour.

1 Like