2022 Week 2 - Maryland @ Charlotte, 9/10 3:30 PM Stadium

I almost put 7 or 10, but I figured we would get a pity TD late, after Maryland clears the bench. I am counting on some mercy from them. Probably foolishly.

1 Like

Iā€™ll be there but I fully expect to be back in the parking lot by half

2 Likes

I think Maryland scores on their first three or four possessions and then calls off the dogs to play out their bench. They may just run the clock for much of the second half avoiding the chance of injuries which would make me nervous to bet the over on this game. Of course our defense hasnā€™t stopped anybody in almost a year so the Maryland third string may look like the Green Bay Packers.

Healy mentioned on Niners Live about getting some guys back from injury this week but Iā€™m skeptical how much of a difference that will make.

https://twitter.com/statsowar/status/1567176478688968705

Wow predicting 60-31.

At least it wouldnā€™t be boring.

Look at those defensive rankingsā€¦ :flushed:

1 Like

Win Probability 1.97%.

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

5 Likes

From the Jr 49er Club email, promos for this game are: Green Out & Hall of Fame Pint Glass giveaway

I still have a weird feeling we win this game, I have no justifcation for it. It would make things super strange as fan but nothing would be more Niner Nation than an 0-2 start with a win over a P5 at home.

3 Likes

I admire your optimism, wish I shared in your feeling. Even a little bit, alas, I donā€™tā€¦

1 Like

I had that same feeling before the season started, however that feeling vanished real quickly

1 Like

It would be a total Niner thing to do. Too many crazy things need to happen though:

Defense suddenly figures it out - out of nowhere and quits blowing assignments
Corners start playing good ball
Reynolds is back at QB and 100%
receivers stop dropping passes
Maryland suddenly loses some guys on their lines, so that weā€™re not completely outmatched

3 Likes

where did you see this? I donā€™t see anything about a pint glass

It will not happen. The talent gap is too wide.

1 Like

You also left out:

1. Their First and second string get lost coming to Charlotte

2. They spot us 3 touchdowns and 1 quarter

3. The sun stays in their eyes

4. Wind blows at over 40 mph only when they have the ball.

Then and only then, we lose by less than 14.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Hunter_Bailey45/status/1567192748163481601

Still no Miguel Jackson. Darnit.

Dez Morgan was a recruit I had some optimism about when we signed him. I canā€™t remember hearing anything about him the last couple of seasons. We could really use a strong performance from him.

In the Junior 49er Club email.

Beating Maryland here is absolutely typical Niner

We could not beat Maryland if half their starters were suspended. Maybe not even with most all their starterā€™s suspended. I predicted the William & Mary loss and it obviously now was no stretch to do so. But I know that you know that we know we have no shot at beating Maryland

2 Likes

Chances low. Almost impossible. I donā€™t expect to beat them. It would be an absolute shock. It is sports though.