2022 Week 3 Charlotte @ Ga St 9/17 7:00 PM ESPN+

Hear the other side: Ga State post game press conference: Georgia State Football - Charlotte Post Game Press Conference - YouTube
Interesting that there is no reference giving us credit for beating them.

2 Likes

Shawn Elliott simplified, we sucked tonight and had we even shown up we would have covered the spread.

Last time I heard whining like this was Lane Kiffin crying after we beat FAU and kept them from a bowl.

How about a decent word on the team that beat you, coach. A little magnanimity might help. Maybe your opponent deserves the win today. What a jerk!

2 Likes

They hit their extra point this is a different game. We got lucky. Iā€™ll take it, but letā€™s not make out like we really beat them soundly or anything.

4 Likes

0-2 vs 0-3 teams. Game won by 1 point. The one guy on the field with most rest and freshest legs was factor/difference. The Clapper got lucky there has been no major realignment in the universe.

I questioned the heart and competitive fight of this team, and stand by my remarks, but in this game they showed the heart and competitive fight that we have been looking for, Reynolds has always had the heart, so my remarks were more directed to the defense and O-line, but it was good to see this team play with the same desire that other regional teams play with

3 Likes
5 Likes

We won! Enjoy it! Many here were saying we wouldnā€™t win a game this year. Now we won and our defense looked a lot better than the last 3 games. Not saying we were great on D but we were improved.

We can win more games this year. Will we, donā€™t know but we can. Sometimes it takes confidence and experience. We will see how it goes from here.

Go Niners!

7 Likes

This happened?

We won a game against a bad team with lots of help from them. Grateful for that, but still not excited about the future with our current coach without Chris Reynolds.
If Ga State were smart they would have kept running the ball and scored on their last full drive with no time on the clock instead of leaving us enough time to reply. Their idiot penalty after their score didnā€™t help them ,either. Goes as a W for us.

1 Like

I love the positivity, but they were 10-15 on 3rd downs and we gave up over 600 total yards. I keep looking at the schedule trying to talk myself how we could go on a run and make a bowl game, but I canā€™t get there.

1 Like

I donā€™t think Ga State is a bad team. I think theyā€™re a rather average one.

Reynolds was a difference maker, but the defense also made some plays. They are nowhere near a deny defense, but if they at least make few plays thatā€™s better than nothing I guess.

I lived through our 1-11 year and attended every home game and a couple away. A victory is a damned victory and is a hell of a lot better than a loss.

We won! Why are some of you so negative all the damn time? It must be a lot of fun around your house. I understand being upset with bad playing and bad coaching but give it a rest sometimes.

It sounds like this to some of us.
My child got an A but it will be their last so I wonā€™t tell them good job.
I got a raise but I really donā€™t deserve it. Guess I have to give it back.
Oh well, we won. Guess that will be the last one for a while. They were bad and we won but they were bad so it doesnā€™t count. Blah, blah, blahā€¦

We might be a long way from a bowl but one can hope and keep pulling for our Niners. Call it positivity and down play it if you wish but I call it being a Niners fan. Go Niners!

6 Likes

This was only our 22nd FBS win ever, enjoy a win for a day. I wonder what our fans would talk about if we ever rolled off a big win streak?

2 Likes

I agree with you completely!

Not sold on Healy but will remain optimistic.

Agree Reynolds is the glue. The entire team played better even the defense. Perhaps they were inspired because they felt the O would be good and this would give them a great chance at a win.

I am enjoying the win.

I am very worried about the defense but we can compete against our conference and Iā€™m hoping we can pull together a decent season and take some positivity into the AAC next year.

I am not counting on anything against USC. My main goal for the team is to not get injured. We are not good enough to expect to pull off an upset so I have no expectations there. If we do. It will be a great moment. But what I hope for is we go into conference play healthier than when are now. I donā€™t really care about the results of the USC game. Conference play is the key.

Itā€™s bowl or bust every year going forward including this year. If by negativity you are meaning pointing out our continued defensive woes, and especially how that will translate going forward against competition that should be better than Ga St and if we can go bowling with that play, Iā€™m not sure how you get around that negativity but donā€™t blame the message board poster for stating facts, blame the team.

This win does not erase the previous 3 losses. Im happy we won but Iā€™m not opening up club lit.

2 Likes

Yes. It did.

Guessing you would have preferred we lose last night? Sorry you were disappointed. No Iā€™m not. I lied. Enjoy the negativity.

Who was disappointed we won? Itā€™s message board dialogue. I didnā€™t know that in wins only positive comments were allowed and negative comments (stating facts about our bad defense) were not. If you want positivity, post in the soccer thread.

You can post whatever you wish, when you wish. The rest of us can respond to your post/s in kind.

We won! Enjoy it for a day. Thatā€™s what some of us are saying. You donā€™t have to if you donā€™t want to. Free country.