2022 Week 3 Charlotte @ Ga St 9/17 7:00 PM ESPN+

My last response on this riveting back and forth. Some of us can enjoy a win while discussing the good and the bad.

Glad the team got a win. Still a poorly coached team overall and overly reliant on The QB to make plays to win.

If we don’t score 35 every game there is no way we are in it in the 4th to even have a chance at game winning drive.

5 Likes

That was an incredible performance by Reynolds. Ga St is still the same team they were before last night, a decent fringe bowl type team. I think if Reynolds doesn’t play we are beaten by 20+, he made that much of a difference.

The D forced those two turnovers, they still have light years to go but the O’s performance and their fight gives them a couple of more weeks to improve. Last night was a must win and we got it.

3 Likes

I humbly request a new reaction button next to the like button. Let’s call it something like the “you’re f’ing ridiculous” button. I think it would get a lot of use these days

Feel free to use this:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FRIpX5QVIAAQQCI?format=png&name=small

1 Like

I’m glad we won, but this better not paper over the cracks. Healy has failed to address the defensive issues. Healy is very lucky that he has a very good quarterback that he didn’t recruit. I’ll give him the facts that he got two of the three wide receiver duos. We also got very lucky with the pick 6 and Ga St. beating themselves. We won’t get that lucky down the road and the cracks will emerge even more.

I want what’s best for the school and the program and imo that is getting a better head coach and coaching staff that doesn’t mix friends with business.

2 Likes

If Hill can’t see that we need a change then we have a much bigger problem than Healy. Barely winning 2 to 5 games this year in shootouts where we still give up 40 points & 500 yards shouldn’t change anything. Reynolds will be gone next season & without him to bail us out we will be in for an embarrassing first season in the AAC.

The defense is still bad but has made incremental improvements over the last two games. Does that trend continue into CUSA play? If so I think we could win a few more games.

clt says playing lowly sunbelt teams is a great way to turn the season around

2 Likes

We just won a road game as a 20 point dog. SC doesn’t look near as scary as they did 2 weeks ago. Not saying we’ll win, but we could make a good showing. Let’s keep supporting the team and let the chips fall where they may.

6 Likes

On the artist formerly known as 610 this morning

“Reynolds is a man. Threw for over 400 yards and 5 TDs”

“Put the team on his back and said we’re not going to lose this one”

“He may have to keep doing that”

“Ga St is a decent team that lost to Carolina by 7 and played SC close”

2 Likes

I am going to enjoy the win, Reynolds was great, defense finally forced a couple of turnovers. etc. but keep in perspective we still have a long way to go. This could end up being a rare bright spot in an otherwise nightmare season or jump starts us into something memorable. Our only path to winning is Reynolds playing great and the defense bending, not breaking and forcing some turnovers.

Hopefully we can hang with South Carolina for a little bit and come out of that game with no injuries.

2 Likes

Speaking of enjoying the win:

2 Likes

clt says Carolina is who we play next week

Reynolds will be gone next year.

Our expectations should be improved play from the other quarterbacks.

Will they be at Reynolds level next year, likely not, but we should expect good play from them with continued growth and improvement.

Not ready to close the book on Foster and I am very high on Williams.

That is what we should expect. Will they be Reynolds next year? Not likely. But we should expect them to be effective.

If we can hold onto boyles commitment, we would go into next season with Williams, boyle, foster. Thats a talented qb room.

2 Likes

Is Boyles higher rates coming in than Williams was? I have not done the research on him.

Good enough to contribute as a true freshman?

Boyle has several other programs sniffing around him. Saw JMU offered him a few days ago.

Each are 3 star kids. Williams probably would have been higher had he not gotten hurt 4 games into senior season

3 Likes