2022 Week 5 Charlotte vs UTEP 10/1 6:00 PM ESPN3

For the fans and player sake, the game needs to be rescheduled because of the hurricane

SC has moved their game with SC State to Thursday. Not much travel involved in that game though.

This game could be move to the end of the season as long as UTEP isn’t playing in the CUSA championship game.

1 Like

I would assume if we’re going to be reschedule that decision would need to be made soon. For what it’s worth by the time the storm gets here it’s not expected be a hurricane or tropical storm strength at that point. We are still looking at 3-5 inches of rain and I don’t know how well the field drains. I am not a fan of tailgating in the rain so I won’t be upset if the game gets moved.

1 Like

Totally oblivious to the weather forecast :roll_eyes:

1 Like

JCSU has moved their game to Thursday.

The decision is usually made once first responders can no longer staff the event due to widespread weather issues in the community. Probably getting really close to that point.

1 Like

Pretty sure Healy said on Niner’s Live that making decisions about the weather and rescheduling were above his pay grade. Kind of funny because he probably makes more than the people who will actually make that decision.

2 Likes

Good to know, thanks!

clt says not knowing when the game will be is freaking tough for the fans.

1 Like

Hey, at least they are giving bucket hats to keep the rain out of our eyes

1 Like

clt says hurricane hunter is in the air

The weather channel calls Ian an historic storm, one of the largest to ever hit Florida with remnants of it over Charlotte this weekend. Yet our administration sits on their hands being weak and indecisive about whether to move our game Saturday.

This decision is incredible complicated. I agree it likely should have been done by now but there are lots of moving parts to this.

1 Like

Yet everyone else around us seems to be figuring it out.

Like always, we are behind the 8 ball. Slow to react or be proactive in virtually every situation.

There are tons of schools still watching this that have not made decisions. Do you criticize all of them or just us?

5 Likes

Why do y’all expect us to move the game? Duke, App, Clemson, Coastal, and Chapel Hill all have home games Sat also. None of them have moved or postponed their game. We’re not moving the game because of rain. If it’s thunder or lightning, yes. Rain, no. I’m planning on tailgating, in the rain, starting at 2 on Sat. Hope the rest of you aren’t a bunch of candy asses and will come out and support our Niners.

7 Likes