2023-24 49er MBB Game #30 Charlotte at ECU 3/9 4:00 PM ESPN+

https://twitter.com/NickCarboniWCNC/status/1765602189781688375

5 Likes

Instead of last year’s conference record and how we backed into our spot in the conf tourney… let’s just beat ECU and control our own destiny.

9 Likes

Finish strong!

3 Likes

It would be nice to put everything together this weekend. It has been a long time since we’ve had a game when most of our pieces are clicking together. We’ve put together a string of dud games the last few, but were fortunately able to win most of them.

I’d like to see Patterson keep his composure and play his game.
Feed DJ and let him work.
Hopefully Wednesday was a sign of things to come for Igor. We need it.

5 Likes

Big game and I expect to get ECU’s best shot.

5 Likes

Rivalry game and last home game for them. If they are breathing, they are motivated.
We need to absorb their expected early effort and wear them down to win in the second half. EZU would like nothing better than to screw up our seeding for the upcoming tournament.

4 Likes

Watching them play @ SMU - They were kind of relentless. We need to set the tone / build a cushion and then hold both for the entirety of the game. They’re too hot / cold to let linger - could easily hit a run and take the W at home.

Are you guys trying to say that this is their Super Bowl? :joy:

2 Likes

Who all is going to the game? The Chisox family will be there!

3 Likes

With baseball rained out, we’re planning to make the trip. Is this not the winning trip?

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/CharlotteMBB/status/1766260911776387286?t=zkcOG4FM4DghUAil27xkng&s=19

2 Likes

Odds makers have ECU as 1.5pt favorites, so essentially a push which is surprising. I would have assumed we would be favorites and really hope we STOMP them today.

4 Likes

We had a 3 game losing streak where we looked pretty bad, then barely squeaked out a win at home over a mediocre Rice team. I’m surprised to see EZU as favorites, but i knew the line would be close. I think we take the W today, but it will be a hard fight.

4 Likes

Fair. Green goggles are strong my friend….plus with our chance to finish second in the league, we are clearly the better team, but I get why the odds makers would favor EZU. Too bad sports betting isn’t live yet or I might put some money on the Niners.

Think that the odds for home team advantage in the AAC rules. Has been so hard to win away games for most of the in conference games

Hopefully Patterson can play more minutes today and get back to scoring some points. We miss his outside presence and he helps DJ not to get double-teamed down low. It would help if Threadgill and Braswell regain their stroke too. I expect a tough game.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/CharlotteMBB/status/1766483552160592282

Those two guys (Threadgill and Braswell) being off killed us against Rice (1-7 and 1-6 from 3 point range). And they were generally open looks too, Rice’s defense wasn’t all that tight on the perimeter. We shot 22% from 3 (6-27) and that’s with Milicic going 4-7, if we’re even close to our season average then we’re not sweating the end of that game. Hopefully guys can get back to at least respectable from 3, which will help open up the middle for us.

4 Likes

Is anyone going to this game? Considering taking my 5 and 2 year old last minute getting tickets.

2 Likes

clt says it looks like they haven’t sold out the lower level at the ecu arena