2023-24 Niner Basketball 🏀

1 Like

I hope we don’t play Belmont Abbey next year.

3 Likes

FWIW, we were the only team in C-USA this past season that didn’t schedule any non-D1 opponents. And that should be the case going forward in the AAC. Cincinnati was the lone conference team that played a lower division opponent in 2022-23 and that was in the season opener vs D2 Chaminade.

And lets not forget…we’re the only D1 team that are '23 CBI Champions !!!

That’s right. We won the biggest 2023 march tournament in Daytona.

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2022-23 Niner Basketball :basketball:

Would someone be able to post our current roster with the new additions?

1 Like

Also, I bet Sanchez has Le Moyne College on speed dial currently trying to setup that home-and-home. Years ago I remember they beat Syracuse in an exhibition game. So weird they are the “Dolphins” in upstate NY!

https://lemoynedolphins.com/news/2023/5/10/DolphinsGoD1.aspx

clt says the average fan doesn’t know how good Guelph is

Looking back on what we have now, there is no way we would have let Bobby Lutz go. Check out his record then vs where we have been since.

This was the worst mistake ever made in the history of Charlotte 49ers athletics. We had our coach, we just turned our backs on him. Darn shame. Had he stayed, Charlotte basketball would have remained nationally respectable.

All programs have down cycles. Bobby’s down cycle looks like great success compared to our current state.

comedy central GIF by Drunk History

1 Like

I swear some of y’all would still want Bobby’s corpse to be the coach after he leaves this world.

In hindsight, yes, firing him was a mistake., but at the time it was the right decision. We were coming off a high level of success for many years, and we weren’t seeing that success anymore. Nobody could have predicted we’d suck for another 13 years. And we might not have if we didn’t have back to back bad athletic directors making the hires.

2 Likes

His body should be mounted and displayed in a glass case at Halton :wink:

Sometimes I do feel like his corpse would be a better coach than the guys we’ve had since him

Bom Dia Hello GIF

Good idea! Wouldn’t take up all that much room.

Not again…

1 Like

Firing Bobby was the right call. Hiring crappy coaches since then has been our problem.

1 Like

Can we just “pin” this response and stop living in the past?

2 Likes
1 Like