2023 49er Football Season 🏈

QB #17 Steven Johnson is not a transfer. His HS was named “Tennessee High School” in Bristol, TN. He was recruited by Healy and red shirted last season.

2 Likes

Yeah i don’t think going into the season with only 2 scholarship qb’s is a good idea. Maybe Johnson got a scholarship but I’m pretty sure he started out as a walk-on.

1 Like

QB2 is not a starter. Nobody is pushing Black to do anything, but I acknowledge he is too young and green now. We don’t play for a few months. Hopefully he sits and improves

Adding an average QB gets us nowhere. 3 ok guys don’t equate to a great QB2 option.

I am not worried about it. Maybe I will worry eventually, but not right now.

I think everyone is worried about this season and having a good backup. I would agree to stand pat with Jones, Ivey, Johnson and Black unless there is an obvious option in the portal. If not, wait til the portal opens back up next year. That is a gamble for this year though.

1 Like

The Oklahoma transfer would be a good backup

1 Like

He is very clearly a potential replacement for Meredith.

He seems small. Any highlights?

Don Meredith was great.

Only college i saw were the spring game. Hes 5’11" but i wouldnt worry about his height

Bigger than the panthers new qb

I teed that one up:)

He definitely is bigger than Bryce:). Nice drive here by the young man. Gives a guy the dead leg around the 50. He scoots around the end for a long run to the pylon, which is more impressive because they were playing touch with QB’s. Hope he comes for a visit, and commits to compete for QB1.

1 Like

I think Micah Bowens would be a solid get! He began his career at Penn State. Would love to see him compete here!

https://charlotte49ers.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetGroupList?prc=FBSINGLE&caller=PR&linkID=uncc-athletics&RSRC=&RDAT=

1 Like

Yup- I bought 2 to the ECU game today.

1 Like

Be good to get him signed, wow none of these coaches play anyone below the 2 or 3 deep at QB unless they are forced into those positions due to injury. As a result many of these guys have not gotten a chance at live game snaps.

bought tickets to ECU this morning too. I hope we take a huge contingent.

3 Likes

Can’t go to ECU but may go to Maryland, Florida or SMU

I’ll be at UF and MD ECU is a maybe

4 for me!!!

3 Likes

I’m taking 6 to ECU, I’m sure there will be a large contengent of green in the house.

1 Like