2023 49er Football Season 🏈

Wasn’t sure where to put this, but thought it was interesting.

I doubt we are going to break Reynolds’s record playing Biff ball, but stranger things have happened. And it only requires 225 yds/ game which isnt that crazy at all. Just need a couple of big throws and you’re in spitting distance.

Being a Patriots fan, I will guarantee in the next few years we will see Belichick draft one of our Niners late in the draft, someone under the radar now with this connection. Congrats to Ojong!

This sucks. He was great

It is weird. His Tweet doesn’t make it sound like he left and instead it’s like a temp thing.

1 Like

This may give more insight to the fellowship.

Bill Walsh Diversity Coaching Fellowship | NFL Football Operations[Bill Walsh Fellowship]

1 Like

Good for him and us if he returns

Even after reading that, it’s still confusing whether this is a permanent post. The program talks about training camp and preseason?

Key phrase “this summer”

Big day for Willie Gay

Former Steelers defensive back William Gay is moving forward with a coaching career. He is going to be part of the NFL’s Bill Walsh Diversity Coaching Fellowship program this summer with the Dallas Cowboys.

Gay made the announcement on Instagram. “I didn’t get drafted this past weekend, but his email definitely got me feeling like it’s 2007,” Gay said via SteeelrsNow.com.

The year 2007 was when the Steelers drafted Gay out of Louisville in the fifth round. He served two different tours with the Steelers, going to two Super Bowls and winning one ring in 2008. The corner logged 80 games and made 37 starts for the Steelers from 2007-11 before coming back in 2013 after a one-year stop with the Arizona Cardinals. He remained in Pittsburgh through the 2017 season.

In 2019, Gay was a Steelers coaching intern. He then coached defensive backs for FCS Missouri State in 2020.

1 Like

Still a big question mark around QB play so it is difficult to predict wins.

7-5 is my best guess. Could easily slip to 5-7 if the team struggles out of the gate.

Predicting one upset win and one upset loss too. Niners are going to niner!

3 Likes

Your questions will be answered in week one. Jones is a legit 4.3 kid that can throw the ball. Was with Biff when they finished 4th in the nation.

We are going to be thin at quarterback unless be pick up another before Thursday. If we don’t, we better hope that Jones stays healthy and Carson Black is ready to roll.

We will have plenty of options in December if we want to add a qb

1 Like

If Jones is that good and durable that is great…. AAC is a scoring and quarterback league.

Still time to add someone with some or any D1 playing experience. Need 3 Qb’s! Who can play.

If not Wildcat will be another option, but traditional AAC teams can put up 2/3 TDs in a qtr, the offenses have been that good…. So need to be able to score to at least be competitive. Traditionally the AAC coaches have shown no mercy.

I think we are going to have one of the top defenses in the AAC. If they control the big plays we should be fine. Our run game should control the clock and the game.

Jones will be at the top of the league in total offense. I like our chances. They will need to bring in another guy to fill out the room.

What’s the Thursday deadline?

I think we should definitely bring in another QB. The room is thin. Basically an injury away to having a freshman start or if Black got hurt we would only have walkons as backups correct?

How good is the transfer from Tennessee? He didn’t show much at the Spring game. I feel like we have a QB1, a QB3, and a QB4, but no QB2.

For those pushing Black as QB2… Don’t. Unless they are supremely elite talents, you do NOT start freshmen at QB.

Hell, even Peyton Manning wasn’t a starter his Freshman year at UT, until injuries forced him to be.

We need to recruit a QB2. Don’t worry, Black will have his time / chance.