2023 49er Football Week #7 - HOMECOMING - Charlotte vs Navy 10/14 2:00 PM ESPN+

clt says this is better than noon, which is freaking tough for fans

2 Likes

Okay, I’m scared. We are predicted to WIN this one?

https://twitter.com/CharlotteFTBL/status/1708889690609532960

I’ve come full circle, we need to start ivey and run the damn ball down their throats with an occasional pass… Jones will have them stuffing the box like in the previous games.

4 Likes

Hah me too, I liked the play calling with Ivey against SMU. We can still run it more than we throw it, he keeps them more honest.

This is our last chance to get the season on track, get a W and the ECU game will decide if we’re back on schedule. Monster game with an overflow crowd.

1 Like

Here’s a real nugget for game day: if it’s clear, we should be able to see a partial annular solar eclipse beginning 11:50 am to 2:45 pm. :sun_with_face: Max 40% coverage in Charlotte expected @ 1:16 pm.

4 Likes

Summer Time Linda GIF by DEEPSYSTEM

clt says we should embrace the sun

1 Like

Our first midnight kickoff!

clt says midnight is friggin tough for the fans

1 Like

Yep. Remember doing that for MBB vs East Tennessee State in the Mine Shaft.

3 Likes

Wow!! Thats a blast from the past I had almost forgotten.

Keith “Mr. Jennings”.

1 Like

Yep. Was on ESPN and extra lighting had to be brought in for the broadcast. Too bad we lost. Awesome atmosphere, but it always was in the Mine Shaft. :rocket:

2 Likes

The entire game is online. We have posted it before.

I was there- super geeky freshman. Found myself in the crowd a couple of times. Looks more like the 80s than the 90s.

1 Like

I’m selling my two tickets because I have to be in a wedding that weekend, but I don’t want to put them on Seat Geek in fear that a Navy fan will buy them. Since the beginning of Charlotte Football, only Niners have sat in my seats and I want to keep it that way. If anyone knows of anybody looking for good seats to the game, I’m in section 110, row 9. I’ll also throw in my parking pass in the Orange CRI Deck right near the stadium. PM me if your interested. Thanks.

4 Likes

IIRC, it was 89 or 90.

February 16, 1991.

Watching that on TV as a HS senior was the beginning of my Niner fandom. I had applied been accepted and chosen to attend Charlotte. I was watching that game so excited to go to games the next fall.

7 Likes

Are we expecting a Navy flyover during the anthem???

3 Likes

What do we think the early spread will be?