2023 AAC Football season šŸˆ

My comments:

Opening weekend should be fun to size up the league.

Navy vs ND - Navy is Navy. How will ND handle them.

ECU @Michigan - I didnā€™t know about this one. Thatā€™ll be a nice test, and should really give Poggi a read on ECU since he knows Michigan so well.

UNT vs Cal - home game - possible P5 scalp?

Rice @Texas - probably not a scalp opportunity, but should be a good measuring stick.

USF @ WKU - new foe vs a familiar one.

SMU vs La Tech - new foe vs a familiar one.

UTSA @ Houston - Possible P5 scalp?

Some comments from AAC fans:

Just made my hotel reservation for the ezu game.

1 Like

Was hoping for ECU in Nov, but late October might work.

clt says be careful at a hotel near eCu

Homer Simpson Simpsons GIF

1 Like

1 Jeff Taylor, UTSA
2 Willie Fritz, Tulane
7 Tom Herman, FAU
10 Mike Houston, ECU

Thatā€™s quite a collective measuring stick for the new conference. Away games at Michigan, Clemson, Georgia, Oklahoma, Tennessee, TCU, Texas, Florida, etc

We will know pretty quick where we stand, albeit at the massive disadvantage of playing all those schools on the road.

At least we get Bama at home. How in the hell did USF get Saban to leave the state?

2 Likes

At the end of the year, USF was right behind us in CBS rankings at 128. If you are going to travel to a non-P5, USF seems like a safe bet. When the game was scheduled, it was probably close to the same since USF has been down for several years. Pulling for them to move up in rankings with us

Based on end of year rankings, the North Texas game with Cal is intriguing.

1 Like

Iā€™m not foolish enough to think we can win any of these road game, but a few of them should be competitive. UTSA may even give Tennessee a scare.

Rice scaring Texas is my sleeper pick. I know it doesnā€™t make any sense. But I just have a gut feeling.

2 Likes

They may want to add a third digit on the scoreboard for that UTSA-UT game haha.

Tulane and North Texas have a shot (maybe Temple too because Miami is so average).

If we have decent QB play could push Florida too, this is the year to get them.

I donā€™t know if any of these will result in Ws but think a couple will.

2 Likes

Always a few surprises early in the season. No reason to think AAC cant have a few of them.

2 Likes

This was a big loss for UNT.

Gumms set UNT records for receptions (34) and receiving yards (458) by a tight end last season when he caught five touchdown passes.

1 Like

I canā€™t imagine what the hype would be like if we pulled out an early season win against UF with a new coach.

5 Likes

Ole Miss is at Tulane, Nola.

Due to location, destination New Orleans, with the exception of hurricane modifying schedules, they can get home games against P5 schools.

Ole MIss is coming here in a few years also.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll be taking my alcohol intravenously for that one.

2 Likes
1 Like