2023 AAC Football season šŸˆ

For those who subscribe to The Athletic, good piece on Dilfer. (Probably could have made it a 2-fer and included Poggi for all the similarities):

1 Like

Bookmarked.

2 Likes

Strike through ā€œPEM projectedā€ and replace with the word ā€œrejectedā€

Maybe I am looking at things with rose colored glasses but I do not believe we are going to be the worst defense in the AAC. We stomped Rice last year and they are that far up. What is this based on?

Appearances are that we are bigger, stronger, and faster than previously. Letā€™s see if Coach Biff puts this up in the locker room as a little motivation. I may be fooled by the hype and hoping for the best but what the heck. Go Niners!

Maybe thatā€™s the top 15 defense Biff was talking about

1 Like

We sure this isnā€™t a menā€™s basketball defensive projection?

I donā€™t expect to be top half in defense next year, but from what weā€™ve brought in alone Iā€™d expect to be above 10th place.

I liked that response.

Will be interesting to see who is right. My money is on Poggi though. I think he knows what he has.

I donā€™t blame anyone for ranking us that low based on the past three years. Weā€™ll be much better than that though.

2 Likes

mean girls movie GIF

2 Likes

Yes, but hell, any of us can put out a ranking based upon LAST YEAR. If they would have done ANY research they would see this years defense (at least in terms of personnel) is vastly different from last years.

The unknown always goes to the bottom. We all hope we are better and it would be hard to be worse, but until we show it we are what we were.

Unknown talent plus unknown HC (at that role) = bottom

#whogivesadamnaboutpolls

Please donā€™t say that. I said the same last yearā€¦.and wellā€¦ā€¦

2 Likes

Vote! (Second link has the vote options)

Iā€™d think that would be a bit painful for them.

AAC Media daysā€¦.

Be curious who they vote conference pre season number 1, Tulane, UTSA or SMU??

Pratt Tulane QB probably pre season player of the year.

How many can we get on preseason all conference? Can we expect any

IMHO Tulane will be #1 by default. They lost some but not all of their talent and kept their QB, which is key.

I expect us to be DFL or close to it. And I donā€™t mind, because I am pretty sure thatā€™s wrong. Will enjoy proving it this fall.

I think weā€™ll win more games by flying under the radar. If you win enough games early you clearly lose the stealth, but by then it shouldnā€™t be an issue. Football seasons, like the individual games, are mostly about momentum.

3 Likes