2023 Baseball Week 1 - Ball State (ESPN+/ CUSAtv)

What’s the weather look like for today?

Looks like its going to rain up until early afternoon and then clear up.

do they tarp the outfield?

Outfield is turf so should not be any issues. It should drain pretty well.

No. The natural grass in the OF usually drains pretty well. Sometimes they have to do some work on the warning track area after it rains.

Thanks. The rain seems to be gone.

My bad, i had it backwards. It will be a plus when the put turf in the outfield especially for the early spring

I hate the idea of turf, except today

1 Like

clt says turf makes sense for college baseball, but should never happen again in mlb

About to fire ESPN+ up for this one.

I could get used to having daytime baseball games at my fingertips to get me through boring workdays.

1 Like

clt says the ball state chant over a lead off walk is brilliant!

Ughh had the bases loaded with one out two times and couldn’t plate a single run. Even with their relief pitcher walking half the batters he faced. Brutal.

3 Likes

So far we have left 13 runners stranded. Not good!

Disappointed Big Daddy GIF

BS gave up 15 bases on balls and we left 15 stranded runners.

Did we “pull” something on opening day!?

Channeling my inner Harry Doyle:
“Let’s see…we had …3 hits.
3 God D@#$ hits!?”

When did we last lose our home opener?
Congrats to the Fightin’ Lettermans.

In looking up the Ga softball score, I came across this gem: Ga baseball lost their home opener to Jacksonville State. So we aren’t the only disappointment today.

happy major league GIF by Morgan Creek

Its baseball…youre going to lose games you probably shouldnt, but game 1 with our expectations kind of sucks…i know, it doesn’t mean much…but ugggg…also Ball State is probably pretty good. …lets get the next 3.

Very disappointed after such a huge preseason buildup. That 8th inning was brutal and where we should have won the game but pulled a *****.