2023 Baseball Week 11 - At Winthrop (ESPN+); At WKU (Facebook)

Beat the hell out of whatever the hell this is.

Cousin of Grimace?

Here’s roughly what our scholarships run. Baseball is allowed 11.7 scholarships.

If we assume all out of state players, that is $432,198 total in baseball scholarships.

Remarkable that baseball isn’t fully scholarshipped given that it is the 3rd highest revenue program for most universities.

1 Like

If schools give more scholarships to baseball then they have to provide equal scholarships to a female sport.

Free Beer?!?!?

2 Likes

PLUS a live performance by Steel Hill!

1 Like

Them boys don’t like Gibsons do they?

That’s actually pretty cool

Laying another egg so far…down 3-0 still in the second.

Niners get a couple back in the 5th on solo homers from Butcher and Dragum. Trail 3-2 headed to B5…EDIT: We give em right back. Down 5-2 headed to T6.

This team doing a great job playing themselves completely OFF the NCAA bubble again tonight. Getting punked by a VERY mediocre WK team, 7-2 in the 6th and still counting…8-2 now…at large ain’t happening.

Don’t know which is worse. This facebook production or the softball feed from La Tech. Both are horrible. I’m grateful neither WKU or La Tech are going with us to the American.

Which idiot said we had a favorable schedule the rest of the way?

1 Like

Not me…but on paper, we should be in an "easier stretch " but we are laying an egg and likely blowing our at large chances for the second consecutive season…lose 8-4. A guy with a 13.5 era slams the door on us in the 9th with 2 strikeouts and a groundout.

WKU announcer just referred to Notredamas, which must be a guy who predicts the future and lives in South Bend.

We might have been within hailing distance of the bubble, but I’m not sure we were ever actually on it. Now, UTSA has been on the good side but they are trying to play their way out of the tournament. Lost at UAB tonight after dropping a game to at FIU last weekend.

We are playing for conference tournament seeding. UTSA lost and DBU is trailing Rice late. The standings may essentially look the same after tonight. That’s all I got…

2 Likes

Yea, I’m not as optmistic we can move up in the standings as I was after last weekend. I don’t think we will move down either.

We WERE close enough to have been in contention for a bid with a strong finish, but we have likely blown that chance now with these last 2 losses, realistically. Now, we would probably need to almost win out at this point ,including wins at CC and SC. This team doesn’t look capable of that right now.

That would be me and what I said is true. The 2nd half of the conference schedule is easier than the 1st half.

Not much positive to say about tonight’s game. We obviously didn’t play great. Glad we get to play best of 3 and not just 1 game. Flush it and come back tomorrow to even the series.

1 Like