2023 Baseball Week 12 - At Coastal Carolina (ESPN+); FAU at the Hayes (ESPN+)

We travel to Coastal Carolina on Tuesday and return home to host FAU this weekend.

Coastal is a Top 10 team in the country right now.

Not much changed in the standings this week. DBU & UTSA are separating themselves a bit. We are sitting in 3rd on top of a pack of 4 teams playing for seeding. Then there are 3 teams at the bottom fighting for the final spot in the Tourney.

That hurts to see MTSU beat WK 5 of 6 games this year. :frowning:

Miles Langhorne will get the start tonight at Coastal.

We seriously need to improve at defending base stealers and also get better at stealing ourselves. It has become a big liability…why would we have Jackson stealing with Cam up to bat against a new pitcher throwing strikes?

CC pitchers helped us scratch 2 runs across, but with bases still loaded and no outs , we have 3 consecutive batters strike out. :slightly_frowning_face: We do lead 4-3 going to B5…Niners up 6-3 headed to the 9th.

2 Likes

Niners with a much needed solid win over CC, 7-3. Colin Kramer with a very strong outing. He looks sooo strong at times.

Baseball is strange. Four losses to bad teams and a win against a top 10 Coastal Carolina.
I guess all we needed was a lowly Sun Belt game.

1 Like

I think Kramer was the key tonight. When he came in, we just seemed to stabilize and once we got a lead he maintained complete control against a stout offensive team…very similar to hus outing against SC.

Top 10 road win. :sunglasses::call_me_hand:

5 Likes

Such a positive moment for this season.

1 Like
1 Like

https://twitter.com/NCAABaseball/status/1653610239235588097?s=20

1 Like

D1 has DBU hosting a Regional. UTSA is in as a 3 seed.

I just dont see UTSA getting in this year. They got snubbed last year with a 40 RPI. They have a 57 RPI at the moment and are struggling.

South Carolina- Hosting (4 overall seed)
Clemson 2
Army 4
Coastal Carolina- Hosting (9 overall seed)
ECU - 2 Seed
UNC- 3 Seed

1 Like

So we have two Top-10 wins this year, but against flubbing series against “lesser” opponents, it rings hollow. It’s like those years in basketball when we would beat a ranked Tennessee early on, and then limp across the finish line.

It’s great, and should not be diminished because it shows the team playing to its potential. But it’s just upsetting that we can pull these games off in spite of our standard storyline.

1 Like

We have plenty to be proud of this season and plenty left to play for.

6 Likes

1 Like

Sounds like FAU got a couple of players back from injury last week against FIU.

Their first baseman Nolan Schanuel, could be a 1st Rounder in this year’s draft.

What kind of jump did we get in the RPI after the win against coastal?

We went up 4 spots to 74

2 Likes
1 Like