2023 Baseball Week 13 - At FIU (CUSA TV)

sexy jessica biel GIF

clt says we are looking for the answer

1 Like

Aw, you broke character. Sad.

1 Like

We have a lot in common then.

LOL. Sure bub.

Mr. Bo, i agree…but whatever the reason is, it does not bode well and could not have happened at a worse time.

IMO they spent too much time having pre season intersquad games instead of working on fundamentals…base running, bunting, holding runners, hitting with two strikes etc.
Just my opinion.

1 Like

So here we go. Coach Hibbs did not leave our baseball team in as bad a shape as Sanchez got our basketball team. I expected much, much better than what I am seeing from our baseball teams. We are seriously under achieving. I’m not a Sanchez fan but this baseball team is way out of kilter. Next year he needs to fix it. He came from a pitching background and that is an area we struggle with. I am truly disappointed.

IDK about time spent,but we definitely are well below average in all aspects of small ball…both offensively and defensively.

His name is HIbbs.

I’m not sure why Sanchez has to appear in every conversation. If you want to be disappointed in the season, you won’t be alone. But let’s be disappointed for the right reasons. The pitching staff has performed admirably, especially in conference.

Conference pitching stats through yesterday:

1 Like

I know his name. Autocorrect. Thanks.

Because everyone bitches about our basketball coach but it appears we give Woodard a pass. That is the point. After 2 lackluster years I’m not so sure.

1 Like

That is not my interpretation of the proceedings on this board. NN.N pretty much wants to fire everyone all the time.

1 Like

Im glad we finally made a few timely hits today in the later innings and our bp (PT) performed well enough today to not blow the lead late.

1 Like

I certainly dont think Woodard is anywhere near the Sanchez territory yet, but in 3 complete years we have seemed to underperform in 2 of them (the last 2)…slightly last year, and by a lot this year. Its not a good trend, but trends can turn around. Atleast thats what im hoping.

If NNN refers to me, you are incorrect. I don’t want anyone fired and have never stated on any thread such a notion. If NNN is someone else, my apologies. In fact, I said our basketball coach should get another year with the goal of NCAA tourney. If not the tourney, then he should be seriously reevaluated. I never called for Hibbs to be fired. I simply believe he has woefully underperformed and he was given much more to start than Sanchez. We should easily be a 35+ win team. If anything, I am giving Sanchez a break based on what he had to start with.

NN.N is an abbreviation for Ninernation.net

We did not qualify for the conference tournament in 2019, Hibbs’ final season. We also hadn’t been to the NCAA Tournament in 8 seasons. Things were not trending in the right direction.

In Woodard’s first full season, we had arguably the most successful season in program history.

If the season ended today, as bad as we’ve been the past 3 weeks , we’d be the 4 seed. For perspective, prior to 2021, the highest seed we earned since re-joining CUSA was a 4 seed.

2 Likes

If Sanchez had a regular season title, at large NCAA bid, and a CUSA Coach of the Year award, maybe he’d get a little more leeway too. Funny how that works.

1 Like

emphasized textHe has won a NCHSAA state championship as a coach and has known success as a player and coach on the legendary Howard’s Furniture national championship winning softball teams. Now, former Pfeiffer and Charlotte head men’s basketball coach Bobby Lutz has a new challengeemphasized text

comedy central GIF by Drunk History