2023 Baseball Week 13 - At FIU (CUSA TV)

Woodard is a good coach. Sanchez is a terrible coach.

Woodard has his team play a challenging schedule. Sanchez just set up the weakest schedule in modern basketball program history, including the biggest basketball tournament in March in Daytona.

Woodard has signed way more talent than Ted Sanchez; it’s not even close and not worth any ratio consideration.

FINALLY, this season is not yet over, AND GIVEN Woodard coached up some HUGE wins this year already, I am not writing off this season until the fat lady mumble raps.

Sorry Mean Joe, here’s where we disagree. Sanchez is not a good head coach and neither is Woodard so far. He had a good first year but so did Healy. Was his first year with mostly Hibbs recruits? The last 2 years we have under achieved in baseball. He might get better and I am not calling for him to be fired, but I am more disappointed with his performance than I am with Sanchez’s. Woodard has a lot to do to prove he is our baseball guru.

I won’t bash Hibbs. I like him. As a coach, I like Woodard more. Dude is a great coach. He did great things one year, but really, his players did great things for him. He signed up for one of the most difficult schedules in college baseball, and his players didn’t always come through as much as we all hoped. However, my favorite quote deserves another repeat in honor of Coach Woodard:

“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure… than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” The Best Roosevelt

As I said, Woodard still has time this year to show you his coaching strategies are superior, if his players step up and apply what they have fought and learned, to the steps ahead of them that will be necessary to achieve their season goal-Omaha

Nice body of work. Still rather have Woodard. No knock on the other guy forge has had a great year.

Man, if Knight could find that groove again, they should be dangerous. In a quick look at the stats, there is the obvious difference in averages from Year 1, but the home runs are the same. The glaring stat was Knight hitting doubles in Year 1. What gives? Is it

1. The early season injury?

2. Is he lofting the ball more, producing solid hits that don’t fall?

3. Has analytics caught up with how to pitch to Austin?

4. ?

I hope the coaches can study and give him some quick, effective guidance. I think he is a guy who can fire this team up, and when those bats get hot, they can beat anybody anywhere.

The injuires the last 2 years seems to have really messed with AK. Another weird thing with him, is he almost literally can not seem to get a hit against a lefty pitcher. His stats against lefties are almost hard to believe.

Hopefully he can turn it back on…

https://twitter.com/charlottebsb/status/1649931765417664514/mediaviewer

So you are telling me that you do not think Woodard is a good coach. That is your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it. I will 100% disagree with your opinion though.

Game missed injuries have risen as well as season ending injuries across the board.

1 Like

So far he has underachieved. Just my opinion. The last 2 years we have started the season with such high expectations but we remain disappointed. This is the basis of my opinion. Hope he proves me wrong sometime soon.

In basketball we have low expectations and are still woefully disappointed. There is a difference

1 Like

Is AK sitting out just a CD or injury, second straight game?

2 Likes

Nice 2 run bomb. Back in the game.

Cam came up about 2 feet short of a solo shot. You could tell he thought it was gone, off the bat, as he watched it for just a second.

We give up way too many SBs

6-5 good guys at T5

1 Like

After a rough first, we have outscored SC 7-1. Still a long way to go though.

clt says columbia is closer than raleigh nc

And Charlotte is closer than either.