2023 Baseball Week 2 - at Clemson (ACCNx); Host Army (ESPN+/ CUSAtv)

Speaking of Jack. I went back to look this up. This pitch looked outside from where I was sitting on the 1B side. This is the strike 3 called on Jack with a man on 3rd in the 8th.

The Dragon is in a funk, but he needs to swing at that pitch with 2 strikes, at least try to slap it foul. Easier to type than to do that…

It could help some of the guys to work on choking up on the bat and shortening their swing with 2 strikes, instead of big swings. I watched Jeter take batting practice do that, just slapping away pitches to the opposite field, over and over and over again. It was after his shoulder injury so I think he was working on new ways to be an effective clutch hitter. He did ok

I remember that pitch watching on TV thinking it may have been off the plate. But gave the ump the benefit of the doubt thinking it was over when it crossed the plate. I’m an old-timer and a firm believer when you have two strikes you take a cut at anything close.

1 Like

He was pretty good:)

#2 play on SportsCenter Top 10

3 Likes

Yep our coach always said if it’s close enough to call it’s close enough to swing at.

1 Like

Thanks for posting that. I made a mental note to look ups that pitch and check if the ump missed it. Unfortunately, my mental notes these days are written with disappearing ink.

BTW, I witnessed our best softballl hitter swing and miss on a 3-2 pitch out of the zone with runners on yesterday. As far as the called third strike in the baseball game, I’m not sure it would be correctly deemed “close enough to call”, but he did call it.

Not good, AGAIN. Down 6-2 in the 2nd.

Good comeback, then we blow it late AGAIN. This team has issues. 3 losses by 1 run and 3 blown late leads.

Far too early to come to that conclusion. :unamused:

No, its not…doesn’t mean they cant still be good, but blowing 3 straight late inning leads is not good. Nor is averaging 7.5 runs per game over the last 3 and still going 0-3. PS not getting it done YET. Not sure how anyone wouldn’t be a little disappointed with thIs 3-4 start, especially considering 6 of 7 have been at home. I will cut a little slack given no JC yet and no AK now.

So you’re saying injuries are the issue?

2 Likes

Nope…but they aren’t helping us to score the amount of runs this pitching staff is giving up so far.

1 Like

OK. Then I stick with my opinion that its too early to criticize.

1 Like

Tough to put up 10 runs and not get the win.

The 6 spot in the 2nd inning was tough to overcome but we did. Still figuring out everyone’s role on the pitching staff.

I am impressed with Army. Both teams are fighting. A Niners win is coming.

Thank goodness, we avoid the sweep. Take game 3, 11-2.

Everything came together today.

Great 5 shutout innings from Langhorne in his 2nd career start.

Crazy weekend at the Hayes but today was a big step in the right direction.

Man, we put up some great numbers against a really good Army team. I thought we were going to win all three games, but the Army had no quit and neither did the Niners. Thems the breaks. Thank God and our Army that Army never quits. I will take this 1-2 series pleased with the efforts and skills displayed by both programs. Those dudes could be taking bullets for us some day, hopefully not, but I give them all the respect I can.

Baseball wise, it’s early for our team and you can bet your ass they got better taking some losses against these first 3 teams. This ain’t no powder puff schedule. If they want to go to Omaha, they are going to have to bleed for it baby. Ain’t got no time to mess around. Time for an extended winning streak.

clt says it is hard to pull against army

glad we won today