2023 Baseball Week 4 - UNC Wilmington in Kannapolis (CUSAtv); Old Dominion (ESPN+)

Looks like you can watch tonights game for free on the Cannonballers stream, but probably without commentary.

Ugg…yet another poor start. Still in the T1 and down 4-0 already. Why cant we have nice things?,…5-0 now and Sims has already been pulled. This is 6-6 UNCW we are playing.

We have some serious pitching problems

Yes we do…we got 2 back in the B1 on a Fisher bomb, but then gave another 1 back in the T2. Down 6-2 now. Hansen came in and struck out 2. Hopefully he will keep their bats in check for a little while.

Hansen with a 4 pitch walk and then a hit batter to start the 4th. 4th pitcher for us coming in already. Gillentine. Still down 6-2. Our first 3 pitchers combine for just 9 outs.

I thought pitching was Coach Woody’s thing?

1 Like

It is.

Down 8-2 now. Apparently our first 4 pitchers aren’t good enough to slow down UNCW…im sorry, but this team has problems. We bear zero resemblance to the last 2 seasons. This is particularly disheartening given this years high expectations…but im a diehard. I’ll still be watching and hoping we get better.

Down 8-4 through 5…As poor as our pitching has looked, the bats aren’t doing alot against a W team that gave up 48 runs to Columbia over 4 games last weekend. Butcher, Knight, Stalhman and Cunningham are a combined 1-10 so far.

Where are the usual posters calling for a coach to be fired?

time watch GIF by Chris Kläfford

I think he is a great coach. Off to slow start but we will be ok in the end.

Big homer by Butcher

Butcher with a 3 run blast to tie it at 9-9 in the 6th!!!..now thats more like it!

2 Likes

I really thought we were going to have a solid pitching staff this year but so far, they have been very disappointing. Needs a lot of work.

Pitching has definitely been a big disappointment.

Disappointing 7th. Fall back behind 11-9. Then we get 2 on base, with 1 out…and then back to back strikeouts to end the inning.

Excuse Me What GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

clt says we are playing uncw

HA ha. Nice camera work there in the bottom of the 8th. :poop:

Mental error costs us atleast 1 run in the 8th. Stahlman tries to turn a double into a triple with 2 outs, while Hopson slows up coming home ahead of him. Stahlman thrown out at 3rd,BEFORE Hopson touches home. No run,3rd out. We remain down 11-9…not sure if Stahlman got the stop sign or not.

1 Like

Bad loss

Disappointing season continues. We lose 11-9. W with 11 runs on 15 hits. This was a 6-6 team who had played 11 of 12 at home and was beaten 15-0 one game last weekend by Columbia. Pitching is our biggest problem, but not our only one.